Monday 8 May 2017

Sonic X Anime Review

Next on my anime reviews is another anime that could be my favourite anime ever and the very first one I started watching at a very young age, Sonic X. As I've said before, my favourite anime goes back and forth between this, Naruto and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood. But this was the very first anime I ever started watching and I didn't even know what anime was when I did start watching it. And this is also maybe the most underrated TV show ever in my opinion. I don't think a ton of people like it from what I've seen. Only a small handful do I think. But I think a lot more people should watch this because I do think it's good. Not perfect, but really good. Especially near the end. I've been a big fan of this show for a long time. This is one of the only anime that I know of that's based off of a video game along with Pokémon. And, like I said before, this show, along with so many others, has a similar formula. A lot of the episodes are actually kinda like some kind of superhero show in the sense that it's about our main hero stopping the main villain. But, this show also includes a lot of other things as well. The basic story here is that Sonic the Hedgehog along with his other friends have been teleported to planet Earth from their planet and Eggman is there too trying to take over this world now. And all through out the show it's them stopping his plans and trying to find the Chaos Emeralds. And every once in a while, there will be some episode that's there for comedy and fun and stuff like that and even some storylines follow some of the games like Sonic Adventure, Sonic Battle and Sonic Adventure 2. I actually like that because it gives something to it and it even fixes some things that weren't that great in those games. And, while on Earth, they befriend a boy named Chris and his family. Eventually everyone on Earth knows about him and after helping so much, Sonic even kinda becomes a bit of a celebrity. And really, just the whole thing about the adventure in this show and the way a lot of it progresses and goes along is really fun in my opinion. And there's a lot of fun in all the seasons too. There's even some really funny episodes. All the characters from the games are the same as they were then and they're great here. I feel that some are even better than they were in the games. Sonic is of course the same cocky, fun-loving, arrogant and action-addict guy he always was and even with some stupidity moments too. I love that about him, the fact that he's so entertaining and fun to watch is great and this is my favourite version of the character. The rest are great too in my opinion, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Cream, Shadow, Rouge and all the rest and I also really like the new characters too like Chris, Chuck, Cosmo, Ella and all of them. I also love their voice actors. Especially Jason Griffith as Sonic himself. And as I just said, there's a lot of funny moments in it too. Season 1 is think is the funniest, but all these seasons have really funny scenes in them, especially with Eggman and his robots. And speaking of the seasons, season 1 and 2 are great, but in my opinion, the best is season 3. The final season. This season is amazing. It is so complex sometimes and even kinda heart-breaking at times. It's the season that takes place a few months after Sonic and the others return home and Chris comes to see them because it's been a few years on Earth and so when he arrives on Sonic's world, he's turned back into a kid again. But season 3 is the one where they introduce the Metarex and Cosmo. I love this season. It's so much fun and the adventure and almost every episode is amazing. The best part of the whole show in my opinion is the ending when they defeat the Metarex and, really, everything that happens in the last ten episodes, I think are perfect. I haven't even mentioned the amazing animation. The animation here is beautiful. This is, in my opinion, one of the best looking animes of all. It's almost all hand-drawn and it looks so great and so beautiful. The action looks so cool and so clear like what I said in Naruto with how the animation really looks like the characters are really moving and doing cool fighting moves. The music is also brilliant. The music in the show is great and really amazing to listen to, but also the songs are good too like the main theme and the end credit theme. It's a lot of fun and I love to listen to it a lot. But, like I said, is this show perfect? No. There are some episodes that aren't great and a couple of jokes that kinda fall flat. The majority of them work, but not all of them. And some characters can get annoying at points. I don't hate any of the characters, but some are kinda annoying at points. And that's really all I can say to complain about. Just some episodes and one or two annoying character moments. But aside from that, this is maybe my favourite anime ever. I love it. I still don't know what my favourite anime is, but this is in my top 3 favourites this is the most underrated TV show of all time in my opinion. I do think you should watch it. All the episodes are on YouTube and I do think you should watch it. If you don't want to, that's fine, I wouldn't entire blame ya. But if you're interested I would highly recommend watching it. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think and please stay tuned soon for my anime review of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood.

1 comment: