Monday 7 April 2014

A bug's life

Hello everyone. I'm back doing the C.G.I Disney movies. I'll begin the second Pixar movie, A bug's life. The rival movie to Antz. Did Disney think of the idea first? Did the guy who left? Who cares? Let's just go with it. What's the story? We an ant named "Flik." He's from a colony of ants that gathers food every year to give to a gang of grasshoppers for protect them. They're led by a jerk named "Hopper." Basically the grasshoppers are just bullies who like to take advantage of the fact that they can push around the ants and they can get them food. But Flik doesn't like that. So he ventures off and tries to find a group of warriors bugs to come in and fight the grasshoppers off. What he finds is a group of circus performers that are confused for warrior bugs. The circus bugs in turn, confuse the fact that they think they're getting a job to perform. Once they find out the truth they try to flee, only to discover that actually they can put together a great plan to get rid of the grasshoppers. So the race is on to put together plan that will stop the grasshoppers and bring peace to they're colony and stop being bullied around. I'm just going to say this. There's only one problem with this movie, and that is that is not very strong. When I say that I mean that it's a follow up to the first Toy story and that it's just isn't as strong as it. It happened like this. Toy story 1 came out first, then A bug's life, then Toy story 2. So this movie isn't as strong as it and really that's my only problem and it's not a big problem. It's just isn't as good. Alright then, let's get to the good stuff. The characters are memorable, the story as easy to follow, there was great comedy and it was really family friendly and colourful. I would say that my favourite character was probably "Molt." Hopper's younger brother. And I'd say that the funniest bit of the movie was probably the bloopers during the ending. Here watch them.
It's always one of the best part in the movie every time I see it. When ever I see Antz I always get mixed up with trying to figure out which ant is which but with a bug's life I never got that. I mean somehow I actually do know which ones are which. The voice don't do a great job with their performances but they do O.K. And that's one of the reasons I think I know which ant is which. There's Flik, Princess Atta, Dot, The Queen, Thorny, Frances the Ladybird,(Just so you know Frances is a dude, Slim the Stick bug, Himeling the Caterpillar, Manny the mantis, Gypsy the Butterfly, Tuck and Roll the cockroaches, Dim the Dorbeetle and Rosie the Spider. And the voice actors they got to play these guys all really do fit unlike Antz where 1 or 2 voice actors don't fit. Though there is one more bad thing about the movie that I hate, the liar revealed subplot, which I've said before I really, really hate. But aside from that, A bug's life is a really enjoyable movie. So take a look at it and enjoy yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment