Tuesday 8 April 2014

Monsters Inc.

When I was younger my dad and I always loved to watch Monsters Inc. There were great characters, fun moments, funny moments and a really fun story. What's the story? We have two monsters. One named "Sulley" and one named "Mike." They're great at scaring little kids and getting them to scream. Why is it important for them to scream? Because the monster world they live in is powered by the screams of children. It's how they harness their electricity and power and so on. That's pretty creative. They're in competition with another monster named "Randall," whose trying to beat the record for the most scares. But is constantly beaten by Sulley and Mike. The catch though is that they're convinced that kids are unbelievable contagious. They think that they spread germs and that if a kid touches them they'll die. So it's not the best thing in the world that a little girl has snuck into the monster world and is driving everyone insane. The irony is that big monsters are absolutely terrified of a cute innocent little girl. Things get even more crazy when Sulley and Mike actually start to like the little girl but find that she may be in trouble because Randall and they're boss "Mr Waternoose" are trying to kidnap the girl who Sulley has named "Boo." They're trying to kidnap her to fuel this giant machine that can... actually I have no idea what it does or what it does to it's victims. That bit of the story is the only complicated part of the story. I would say my favourite character would probably be Mike. He's funny, smart and probably the most mature one of the group between him and Sulley. Not to say that Sully isn't mature. He is it's just that in the prequel that came out last year... I'll inform you on that when I get to it. The voice acting in this movie I would say is probably just fine. The monster's designs are pretty cool too. And I have to say, the climax is defiantly a ton of fun. So yeah I still do like the film and when I saw it recently it's a lot better than I remember. The relationship between Sulley and Boo can get a little awkward at times but is very interesting to watch at times. Watch these bloopers too. They're pretty funny.
So yeah it's a movie I was glad to see recently and yeah it is fun to watch. So I'd say take a look at it and have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment