Thursday 10 April 2014

Cars

When I saw Cars in the cinemas, I really didn't know what to think. I mean I did like it and I still do. But the way I did see it was kind of odd. It was a lot different then from the way I see it now a days. What's the story? We have a race car named "Lightning McQueen." Or "Lightning" for short. He's a big shot celerity. constantly winning all his races and getting fans on his back. While he's being taken to his next race, he get's lost and finds himself in a town called "Radiator Springs." Which he accidentally destroys a good amount of. The court decides that he should fix the road to pay for what he's done. Of course being the egotistical celebrity he is, he just wants to get to his race. But the town won't let him leave until he's fixes the road. While he's at the town he actually makes friends with the town's people... or town's cars. Mater the cable truck, Sally, Flo, Sarge, Fillmore, Doc Hudson, the Sheriff, Luigi, Ramone, Lizzy and Red. They all live in a town where they each have they're own businesses... though they haven't had costumers for years. Although as time goes on Lightning actually starts to become friends with the townspeople. He becomes best friends with Mater and he and Sally start to become interested in each other over time. And just from that you can pretty much tell what's going to happen in the rest of the movie. So yeah I liked the movie. A lot of the jokes do get big laughs  and the characters are really memorable. But I don't I would really put this on the top five Pixar list. But I would say that the characters are one of the best elements of this movie and there's some really, really good dialogs. Especially between Lightning and Sally when they get to an old restaurant called "Wheel Well." Owen Wilson plays Lightning and I have to say it's ideal casting. He's very likable and the he does do a very good job. Sure not the same way as in Madagascar but it's still pretty good. And there's also Larry the cable guy who plays Mater who's really funny. The designs are cool too. While I've said all the good stuff about it, I don't think it belongs on top five like I've already said. I mean I do like it but there were some bit's of it where it is maybe a little boring. Like a little bit of the dialogs are pretty weird. Though I do forgive it's problems because I do think it's a good movie. So I would give it a recommendation for at least some viewings.

No comments:

Post a Comment