Tuesday 8 April 2014

Finding Nemo

When Finding Nemo came out people went insane. We were in love with this movie. We loved the underwater world, the story, the characters and the colours. And while I don't think it's as good as say Toy story, it's still pretty dang good. It was the first Disney movie I ever saw in cinemas, heck it was the first movie I ever saw in cinemas period. What's the story? We have a clownfish named "Marlin." His wife and children were eaten by a Barracuda. Except for one child. The one that he calls Nemo. Because of his loss, he's over protective of Nemo and wants to be sure that nothing ever happens to him. What a shock, something happens to him. Nemo is taken away by a diver and put in a fish tank in a dentist office in Australia, that's a unique location. So now Marlin is on an endless quest to find his son. Along the way he comes across a fish named Dory, who has short-term memory loss... which you would think very quickly would get old but they do it pretty cleverly. It gets big laughs and people really seem to enjoy it and I enjoy it too. Nemo as well comes across some fun interesting fish in the tank. A Moorish Idol fish named "Gil," a starfish named "Peach," a Blowfish named "Bloat," a yellow tang named "Bubbles," a four-striped damselfish named "Deb" and a cleaning shrimp named "Jacques." They're a group of various fish who try to figure out a way out of the tank and back to sea. They're plan is so creative and really clever that it's impossible to say it wouldn't work. But they have to go quick because Nemo may be in danger of being given to the dentist's niece. A crazy looking child named "Darla" who has a habit of shaking her fish to death. Finding Nemo has a solid story and solid characters. I think this one uses the drama even more than the previous Pixar movies. And they do it fantastically. The characters are too many to count. They're all memorable, they're all fun, you remember what all of them look like, they're all wonderfully unique creations. I watched it again recently after all these years and it is 1000% better than I remember. If I was to put this in a top 5 best Pixar movies list I would put it in as number 2 after the Toy Story Trilogy. There weren't any bloopers for this movie so I can't show them to you. I would say my favourite character is probably Nemo. He's not funny but he is nice, innocent, curious and friendly. I'm also sort of happy they don't have the idea of Marlin and Dory fall in love either. You would say that it's obvious because anytime they put a male and a female together they usually get together. And especially with Marlin's wife "Coral" being dead this would be very tempting. I'm glad they didn't. I'm glad they just made them friends and just be friends. I don't know. What else can I say about this movie? It just has so many things a movie should have. It's adventurous, funny, dramatic, colourful, character memorable, memorable, light hearted and it's a good moral. At times maybe it can get a little too dialoguey. I mean you know the message in the first 5 minutes and yet they still keep hammering it in. But it's not a bad message. Actually if you really do think about it it's one that's really more for parents than it is for children. That's pretty different. So yeah I would say get the family together and watch this movie together. I guaranty you will not regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment