Wednesday 2 April 2014

Madagascar

I'm going to be ending the DreamWorks reviews with this movie series. I know there are other DreamWorks movies but some of them I haven't seen yet or some I don't like, or some would be too long to review. So what's the story? We have a Lion named "Alex, a Zebra named "Marty", a Giraffe named "Melman" and a Hippo named "Gloria." They're all animals who live in a zoo. One day the penguins "Skipper, Rico, Private and Kowalski" tell Marty that he should follow his dream of leaving the zoo and have his freedom. He does but Alex, Melman and Gloria go to get him back. When they finally reach him the police capture them and throw them in boxes and put them on a boat heading to Africa but they boxes they're in fall over board and the three of them land on Madagascar. They find a group of Lemurs who are constantly being attack by a group of animal eating like tigers called the "Fossa." They think that if they keep Alex with them he'll be able to protect them. However Alex is beginning to go crazy without not having food, so he begins imagining that his friends are food so the race is on to see is they can snap Alex out of his temptation and stop the Foosa before the boat leaves. The characters in this movie are really likable. I'd say my favourite characters are probably the penguins. They just kill me. They actually made a TV show out of these guys and I like the show too. I'd say one of the best things about this movie is the voice acting. The actors all really do fit the characters and they all do perfect performances. Really. I usually find it with a celebrity voice, even the really good ones you can often sort of feel the actors in the recording booth if the actors voices don't pick-up with the animation of the characters if you know what I mean. But with the voice actors in this I never go that. The actors are just right there in the roles. They're the characters. Watch this movie again and tell me if you can really disconnect the recording of the actors with the animation of the characters. They're just flawless. The animation also really works. The speed of the animation is really funny too. One last thing; the Lemurs are led by a king Lemur named "King Julian." He has an assistant named "Maurice." And Julian has Lemur who looks up to him, a little Lemur named "Mort."

No comments:

Post a Comment