Wednesday 9 April 2014

The Incredibles

When I was about 9 or 10 years old The Incredibles was my favourite Disney movie. I thought that even though I did like Toy Story and the other Disney and Pixar movies, this was the first Pixar movie for boys only. There was action, great dialogues, great characters, great designs, great villains, great everything. But as I got older... I wouldn't say I liked less... but as time went on I really started to like Toy story and Finding Nemo a bit better. I still do like as much I did back then and actually it's a lot better than I remember. I just don't think it's the strongest. What's the story? In the golden days of superhero, "Mr Incredible" is one of the most famous. He get's married to "Elasta-girl" and looks like they're going to live happy lives being superheroes with their powers and secret identities and so on. But the tables soon begin to turn when the people who are being saved start suing all the superheroes of the world and all the superheroes, or "Supers" as they're called have to go into a protection industry where they can't use they're powers at all. Years later Mr Incredible or "Bob Par" as his real name is has started a family with "Helen Par" as Elasta-girl's real name is. They have three children named "Violet, Dash and Jack-Jack" who also have super powers. Just to give you the info, Bob's power is super strength, Helen's power is elasticity, Violet's power is force-fields and invincibility, Dash's power is super speed and Jack-Jack's power is shape-shifting. Violet is sixteen, Dash is ten and Jack-Jack is like 1or2. And while most of the family... for the mot part seem to fit in with out using their powers Bob is going through the always popular mid-life crisis. He misses the golden days, the sense of adventure, hates being in an office and hates turning people down. Things start to change tough when he gets a letter from a woman named "Mirage" who has a ton of secret missions lined up for him and wants him to return to the glory days of Superhero hood. Bob agrees going behind his family's back but little does he know that a villain named "Syndrome" is actually planning the whole thing. It's nice to see a Pixar movie that actually focuses on people for once. And like I said I love the way they're designed. Speaking of which, the designer of the characters for this movie is "Brad Bird." The designer who did the designs for the characters for the Simpsons. One of my favourite t-v shows ever as you'll see in my top 5 t-v shows I did. Though I'd only have one problem with this movie. The movie is called "The Incredibles." But in my opinion it should of been called "Mr Incredible." Because the focus is mostly on him. And I really love this family a lot. I like Helen. I like Violet. I like Dash. I like Jack-Jack. Not to say I don't like Bob. I do. I just think he has too much focus. And actually now that I think about it. I've been thinking of that problem for a long time. I would say my favourite character is probably Dash or Bob. My sister "Niamh" told me that they're actually planning to do a sequel in three years time. Also there's this really funny designer character named "Edna Mode" who's actually voiced by Brad Bird. Watch these scenes of her they're really funny.
And just so you know. Yeah Edna is a woman voiced by a man. Weird isn't it. But Brad Bird does do a great job. His performance of her is really hilarious and really fun to watch. The final fight between the family, except Jack-Jack, and Bob's other superhero friend "Froze zone" against the giant robot called the "Omnidroid" is a really impressive fight and a really fun one too. So yeah. Take a look at it and enjoy yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment