Wednesday 2 April 2014

Madagascar Escape 2 Africa

Our animal friends return in Madagascar Escape 2 Africa. I really hate movie tittle that have the number in the tittle, e.g. "Escape "2" Africa." It always confuses me. So you guys all know what I thought of the 1st Madagascar movie I thought it was funny and the characters were really memorable, this one seems to be a little more funnier. What's the story? The story actually starts off exactly where it left off. With Marty, Gloria, Alex and Melman still stuck on the island. But they manage to fix a destroyed plane that was on the island and putting it on a giant slingshot tree. This doesn't quite get them back to New York but it does get them to Africa... where everybody fits in really, really well. Alex is reunited with his mother and father, Marty finds that there's more Zebra like him, literally, Melman gets a job a Doctor and Gloria finds a new love named "Moto-Moto." Things start to become a major downside when it turns out that Alex has to pass some sort of test in order to stay in the herd. But seeing how he's a performer and not really a survivor he finds that task much harder than it sounds. And the others find down sides to their happiness too. Will they stay and work it out!? Or is it time to move on? Like I said in the last movie the voice actors do a perfect job with doing great performances to these characters. I also think that the villain, "Makunga" is... well not funny. The voice actor who does him makes him very unlikable which is what he's supposed to be. The voice actor who does Alex's father "Zuba" do a very heart-filled performance. Not many funny lines come out of him but he still does a great job. The penguins are still my favourite characters. They actually made a t-v show about these guys called "The Penguins of Madagascar." Also I think that Gloria and Melman are really bland. They actually get together in this and boy is it disturbing to watch. Oh and guess who else is back? That crazy old lady who just appeared for a brief moment in the last movie. She leads a group of lost tourists and the people go nuts and my god she is just determined to find Alex again. I don't know what her deal is but she just kills me. Julian, Maurice and Mort are back too and they're enjoyable to watch. While I've said that this movie is funnier than the last one I'll admit it's not better than the 1st Madagascar. There are some things about this one that doesn't make me like it better than number 1.Though it is fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment