Wednesday 10 June 2015

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1

This was the first Harry Potter film I saw in the cinema. The Mitchells took me to see it along with the second one too. This is actually the lowest rated Harry Potter film on Rotten Tomatoes, and yeah as much as I love this film series I do understand why. I'll explain after the story. What's the story? Harry, now being destroyed on the inside after the death of Dumbledore, is brought to the Burrow by Hagrid, Hermione, Ron and a couple others on broomsticks and Harry on Hadgrid's flying motorbike. That night Harry tries to leave because he doesn't want anymore people to die for him and to find the Horcruxes but Ron stops him. The next night at one of Ron's brother's wedding, Harry meets one of Dumbledore's old friends and they talk about a place called Godrick's Hollow which is where Harry was born and where his parents were killed by Voldemort. Just then a bunch of Death Eaters arrive and Harry, Ron and Hermione teleport somewhere else to get information on where the real Horcrux from the last movie is. And once they do they try to find the sword of Godirck Gryffindor to destroy it. However the more they have the Locket around their necks it begins to make them do the same thing Frodo did when he had the ring around his neck. I always found a lot of this to be the same as Lord of the Rings with the Locket. So what problems do I have with the film. Well, remember when I said in the Goblet of Fire review when I said most of the performances were bland there were a lot of filler scenes, this one is probably the one that has the most of it. In my opinion the best scenes are in the begging and the ending. As soon as they get to the cafĂ© in the middle the rest after that is kind of dull. It gets better after the scene when they agree to see Luna's dad. For me the mot useless scene in the whole film is one scenes in the tent. But to be fair the last part of the film is by far the best part of the film. The best fight scene is in Malfoy Manor. To be fair this is probably the 2nd least of the series next to the Goblet of Fire. It's not bad though it's not really that great to be true. I'd say check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment