Tuesday 2 June 2015

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

So on my last review, I finished my superhero reviews so now it's onto some one of my favourite film series of all time then another one of my favourites, Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit. But for now let's go with Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. What's the story? An orphan child named Harry Potter played by "Daniel Radcliffe" who lives with his selfish and vein aunt, uncle and cousin Dudley. One morning he gets a letter from some place called "Hogwarts." They eventually get so many letter that Harry's uncle, "Vernon" decides they're all going away so they won't find them. At the place they're at a huge man named "Hagrid" takes Harry away to bring him to Hogwarts because he's a wizard. While in a wizard's street called "Diagon Alley" Harry gets a new wand, a new pet owl who he named "Hedwig" and in a pub, Hagrid explains to him about his past. About how when he was a baby an evil Wizard named "Voldemort" tried to kill him because he thinks he gonna kill him in the future. At the train station that takes Harry to Hogwarts he meets 2 new friend "Ron Weasley" played by "Rupert Grint" and "Hermione Granger" played by "Emma Watson." And the rest you already know because let's face it everyone's seen these Harry Potter movies and read all the books by J.K. Rowling. So what's good about this film. Well the cast is especially great, they might be the best thing about this series next to action and the story and the special effects. As I've said before Daniel Radcliffe is my favourite actor as well as one of my favourite actors of all time and this is my favourite role he's done so far. And the others do fantastic performances. I'm even surprised with what they were able to do back then with the effects. I actually wish they were able to do more magic spells with the actors saying the spell with their wands more. But still this is still great and while I would say watch it, there's no point, you probably have already.

No comments:

Post a Comment