Wednesday 10 June 2015

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

I remember this being my least favourite out of all of the Harry Potter films when I was younger. But actually, it's good. What's the story? Harry and Dumbledore are getting a new teacher at Hogwarts, Horace Slughorn. The reason is because he has a memories that he has that Dumbledore wants and is able to look at memories by using a kind of basin. The trouble is that Horace doesn't want to give it up so Dumbledore wants Harry to get it for him because he knows that Horace is interested in Harry. Eventually Harry becomes his best student and at one scene where Harry manages to get through to him and he gives it to Harry. It turns out Slughorn told Tom Riddle how to use a Horcrux. Being able to transfer some of your soul into an object and making you immortal as long as the object you put your soul into doesn't get destroyed which means he told Voldemort how to live forever. And the rest you already know, especially the scene where Dumbledore dies. So what's good about this film? Well the action and C.G.I effects look great, the cast is still great and I actually do enjoy the way the story is told. My favourite fight scene would probably be the one at the Burrow or the one at the end with Dumbledore and Harry at the 3rd Horcrux's secret hiding place. There's not really a whole lot left I can say except this film is really, really good and I'd say check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment