Monday 29 June 2015

The Disney Renaissance

This is actually something I've been hearing about for a while and I know everything about it. If you don't know what The Disney Renaissance is, it's something from 1989 when the Little Mermaid was released. It went for 10 years. 1989 to 1999. It's means each movie that came out was getting Disney more money with each money. The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and the Lion King were movies that did it the most with each the Lion King being the most successful.  A lot of people, including me keep saying a new Disney Renaissance has begun ever since The Princess and the Frog was released. In fact for me I feel like the first for to this new one is like The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and the Lion King. The Little Mermaid being like The Princess and the Frog, a different approach for the studio released at the end of a decade that features a style that differentiates from films right before it. Beauty and the Beast being like Tangled, an adaption of an old fairy tale that makes it seem retro with new things to throw in as well, continued success. Aladdin being like Wreck-It Ralph, a more comedic film that appeals to boys more than the other films, success seen by nearly everyone and The Lion King being like Frozen, the box office smash that nearly everyone praises, score major fandom and soundtrack is also a major hit. The movies from the Disney renaissance are actually some of my favourites of all time. I'm pretty sure you might of heard of this before so I won't talk so I won't talk about it for much longer. I just thought I'd tell you if you never heard of it. But I do love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment