Tuesday 16 June 2015

Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

And now we come to The Return of the King. Probably the biggest of the whole trilogy. And I have to say that it's either this one or the first one that's my favourite of The Lord of the Rings films. What's the story? Frodo, Sam and Gollum are getting closer to Mount Doom but actually bringing them to a ginormous spider named "Shelob" so she can eat them and he can get the Ring. Meanwhile Aragorn, Gandalf, Gimli and Legolas reunite with Merry and Pippin at Saruman's tower where Pippin finds Saruman's palenthia and he gives it Gandalf but that night he's tempted to look at it again but when he touches it, Sauron enters his mind and Pippin finds out that Sauron's forces will be attacking a city called Minas Tirith. Gandalf and Pippin go there to try to warn the Stewart named Denethor. However Denethor, who's also Boromir and Faramir's father, is a crazy jerk. So Gandalf and Pippin light some beacons which calls for Rohan soldiers to come and help fight the invading Orcs. Aragorn also gets a new sword from Elrond which was the old king's sword which he uses to get a bunch of ghost at his side to help the with Minas Tirith. And they do win and Denethor is killed after getting knocked into a fire. All while Frodo sends Sam away because he thinks he wants to keep the Ring. Gollum leads Frodo into the tunnel where Shelob is but he escapes and after Gollum tries to attack him, Frodo tosses him over a cliff. And the rest you already know. So what's good about this film? Actually, what isn't? It has of the best action of all time, my favourite being the one at the Black Gate or the one inside Mount Doom, and it has a lot of sympathetic characters, especially Frodo who's being tortured by the Ring throughout the whole film. And the size of the film is huge. And I especially like the ending. It really does wrap up all 3 films up really nicely. I especially like Frodo's narrating. So to finish up, I really love this trilogy. I hope you enjoyed my reviews on them and my next entry will be either my Hobbit reviews or my top 10 underrated films. And I'm also going to do more things centred around Kingdom Hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment