Friday 19 June 2015

My top 5 underrated films

In my last entry I finished I finished my Lord of the Rings reviews and now I'm going to make a list of movies I feel to be underrated films and this is going to be my opinion.
5. The Prince of Egypt: Even though I really do like this movie, though don't love, I put it as the lowest on the list because it actually was a hit when it came out in 1998. It's DreamWorks' 2nd animated after Antz. The reason I didn't do a DreamWorks review of it is because I didn't see it at that point. The main character is Moses played by Val Kilmer who did Batman in Batman Forever and, like I said before, Ralph Fiennes who did Voldemort in Harry Potter as Rameses and both of them are amazing and they make the characters really likable. I think it has some of the best animation I've ever seen in an hand-drawn animated film. And another thing I really like in this is the songs. My favourite being either "Heaven's eyes,"
The Plague,
Or the most popular, When you Believe.
If you haven't seen this film yet, I'd give a look at it.
4. Batman Forever: I'd say this is actually my favourite of the original Batman film series. It has a great and sympathetic cast, a decent climax and while Val Kilmer isn't the best Batman and I still think the best is Christian Bale, he does do a good job. And yeah the film after this, Batman and Robin is a horrible movie and is one of the worst superhero films ever as well as one the worst films of all time. But for this film though I do think it's really good and is my favourite of the original Batman films.
3. The Spongebob Movies: When I say movie"s" I mean that because I'm talking about both of them. Both movies are amazing. I found the second one to better. It's unbelievably creative and funny and the fact that it's a little superhero film, and you all know I love superheroes like Marvel and DC. But aside from that I love both these films and eventually I'm going to do reviews for both Spongebob movies.
2. The Princess and the Frog: I put one on the list because I heard that while it was a success when it first came out, it wasn't that big a hit, and to be honest, I don't get it. To me it's a spectacular movie. It has great and lovable characters, unforgettable songs and is the best looking hand-drawn film I've ever seen. The cast is unbelievably perfect. If you haven't seen this movie yet, this is a defiant watch as soon as you can in my opinion.
And the number 1 film I feel to be the most underrated is... The Rescuers Down Under. This is the same the Prince of Egypt and that I do really do like it but I never did a review on it because I didn't see it back then. It's actually the sequel to the first Disney Rescuers movie and they're both Disney classics, this one being number 29, the first film was really boring. This one however is amazing with amazing animation, especially the opening. And I've seen this on other underrated films lists this is on it a lot. If you haven't, 100% definitely watch it. The Rescuers Down Under my pick for the most underrated film of all time

No comments:

Post a Comment