Saturday 23 April 2016

My top 6 SpongeBob and Chowder similarities

This may seem out of nowhere but now I decided to do a list of similarities between my 2 favourite TV shows of all time. Considering both SpongeBob and Chowder are my 2 favourite shows ever and conveniently Chowder came out in 2007. The same year everyone says SpongeBob began it's decline in quality. If you remember I talked about that in my top 10 SpongeBob episodes. And the reason there's 6 is because I could think of 6 similarities and I felt like these had to be here. So, without further ado, let's get started.
6. A goofy but stupid best friend: With both SpongeBob and Chowder both having best friends, they are very much a like. SpongeBob's is Patrick and Chowder's is Gazpacho. While these 2 are absolutely stupid, they are still very entertaining and funny. Some of the funniest characters in their shows. You could even watch both of these shows with these 2 characters in the episodes and see the comparisons of how these 2 are such morons.
5. The main character working at a restaurant: Arguably the most obvious thing that's similar about these 2 shows. Both their favourite things is cooking. SpongeBob with his fry cooking and Chowder with him kinda wanting to learn what to do. Yeah, I say "kinda." When I say that I mean the fact that he normally goes too far with his apatite and his attention span being all over the place and he mostly causes everything to go wrong, there's no denying that he does try sometimes. And the fact that them at their restaurants are a large majority of both their shows.
4. The main character's obsession with Ice-Cream: With Chowder's favourite food ever being Thrice-Cream and SpongeBob showing he loves Ice-Cream too in a couple of episodes, including the first movie. I would say that Chowder's obsession with it is more entertaining but SpongeBob's is too. I actually even react the same way he does whenever I have ice-cream. I know that that may sound childish, but it's fun to do. Anyway, these 2 character's obsession with Ice-Cream is my 4th similarity with these 2.
3. A cranky co-worker: When I say that, it's pretty obvious to see what I mean. Squidward and Schnitzel are both SpongeBob and Chowder's co-workers and they're personalities are mostly moody, cranky, unhappy and miserable. And while once or twice something will happen to the to make them happy for a few minutes, their lives are mostly just filled with despair.
2. A fast food rivalry: With this I'm going with the rivalry between Mr. Krabs and Plankton with the Krusty Krab and the Chum Bucket and Mung and Endive with both their catering companies. With each character, you can tell that they're trying to outdo the other. Except Mr. Krabs. He doesn't need to try and do anything because he's the best restaurant in Bikini Bottom. But with the others like Plankton, Mung and Endive, they are trying to outdo the other. Plankton wants to be better than Mr. Krabs by getting the Krabby Patty formula and with Mung and Endive, they try over and over to prove that they're the better chef. And so, yeah, you can easily see what I mean fro all that. Moving on.
And the number 1 similarity between SpongeBob and Chowder is... A hyperactive protagonist: One of the biggest parts of SpongeBob's personality, it's that he can be very hyper and go crazy with it. But another part of his personality is that he's also very optimistic. And Chowder follows that line a lot too. If you look at these 2 pictures of them, you can tell that they're very happy and optimistic characters.


And the fact that both of them do go crazy because of they're cheerfulness and fun-loving side of themselves. I actually do understand that because, believe it or not, that happens with me a lot too. You know, the so happy you can sometimes go crazy a little and messing a lot and being hyper. Again, I know that that sounds childish, but hey, that's how I roll. So yeah, the hyperactive protagonist s my pick for the number 1 choice for the 6 similarities between SpongeBob Squarepants and Chowder. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment