Friday 22 April 2016

Top 5 things I'm hoping to see in Star Wars Episode VIII

With Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens recently being released on DVD, which I have, Episode VIII is already being made and here I'm going to tell you the 5 things I want to see in it right now. You all know I loved Episode VII and it was either my favourite or second favourite movie of last year right next to Inside Out. You might have different opinions than me when you read this but still, let's start.
5. Have a longer lightsaber fight: At the end of the Force Awakens we got a pretty cool lightsaber fight between Finn and Rey against Kylo Ren. That was an amazing scene. But it wasn't very long. In Episode VIII, hopefully they can give us an even longer lightsaber battle. If you're wondering between who, well, just keep reading.
4. Have either Luke or Leia die: O.K. Stay with me. So, we saw Kylo Ren kill Han in Episode VII. And maybe in the sequel can have Luke or Leia die for the same reason as Han. They try to stop Kylo Ren and make him turn back to good but it doesn't work and as a result, he kills one of them. That may come of as odd with having one of the main characters from the original movie just died and then have another one be killed one movie after. But I think it'd be another big twist and really sad to see another one go. Or at least I think anyway.
3. More of Poe Dameron: One of my favourite characters from the Force Awakens was Poe. He was so likable, funny and he even had his awesome scenes too. In the movie he didn't have much screen time for some reason. But in Episode VIII, he could have more screen time and maybe him, Finn, Rey, Chewie and BB-8 could be a team like how in the original movies Luke, Leia, Han, Chewie, R-2, C-3PO and sorta Lando were a team. If they did that in the next movie, that would be so awesome to see. And having Poe have more time on screen would be a huge improvement for not having much of him in Episode VII.
2. Maybe have Finn become a Jedi as well: While this may come off as a bit of a stretch, one of the biggest marketing thing that a lot of trailers and posters made us think for the Force Awakens was that Finn was going to become a Jedi because he was constantly holding or using Anakin's lightsaber. But no. In actuality it's Rey who becomes the Jedi and she beats Kylo Ren at the end of the movie. And so maybe, in Episode VIII, they could have Finn become a Jedi too. That may sound a bit impossible, especially seeing how it would be kinda odd seeing him go from Clone Trooper to Jedi really fast. But personally, I would love to see it happen. Especially given the fact that he was my favourite character in the Force Awakens.
And the number 1 thing I'm hoping to see in Star Wars Episode VIII is... Luke and Rey teaming up against Kylo Ren: With the ending of the Force Awakens with Rey finding Luke and showing him his old lightsaber, that opens up a lot of possibilities. So it seems very obvious that Luke is going to teach Rey how to use the force and about lightsaber skills. And so maybe during the halfway point of the movie they fight Kylo Ren again and Rey uses Anakin's lightsaber and Luke might use his own green one. I don't know, I just feel like that would be a cool thing to see. Of course Luke will try to reason with him like he did with Vader and try to turn Kylo Ren back to the good side. And, maybe going back to what I said a few minutes ago, maybe that's when Kylo Ren might kill him. It may seem a little too far fetched but if they do something like that, I think it'd be clever. And everyone, that's what I'm hoping to see in Star Wars Episode VIII. What do you want to see? Let me know in the comments down below. Over all, I'm very excited for this movie and I can't wait to see where they go with this. Thanks for reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment