Saturday 30 April 2016

Captain America: Civil War

Well everyone, we've finally arrived at my most anticipated movie of the year. Captain America: Civil War. I've been going crazy over this movie. I've talked about it a lot of times on this blog saying how excited I was. So is it any good? Did I love it? Do I consider it to be one of my favourite comic book movies of all time? Well... YEAH. BIG TIME. I have not loved a comic book this much ever since the first Avengers movie. I know I absolutely adored Deadpool and that's one of my favourite comic book movies ever as well, but I loved this movie 10000 times more, which I almost thought would be impossible. This movie is right up there with the first Avengers movie. It's my 2nd or maybe even 1st favourite M.C.U movie ever. I love it that much. I saw it just a little while ago with my brother and sister and we all thought that it was amazing. I would practically say that it's perfect. O.K. Before I say the 100000000 fantastic things about this movie, let's go over the story. Also I'm going to be talking about the entire story so if you don't want it spoiled, go see it then read this. O.K. What's the story? It starts off with a flashback of Bucky/ The Winter Soldier being given an order and he carries it out by attacking people in a car. It then cuts to present day where Steve/ Captain America, Wanda/ Scarlet Witch, Sam/ Falcon and Natasha/ Black Widow some place where Rumlow/ Crossbones, from Captain America: The Winter Soldier is trying to steal something. They manage to stop him but accidently end up destroying a lot of the place that they're in. So sometime later, there's a ton of things on t-v saying that the Avengers shouldn't be allowed to do anything without the governments permission because what they did there as well as in New York from the Avengers and Washington DC. So, General Ross, played again by William Hurt from the Incredible Hulk, says they need to sign some registration act which will have the government tell the Avengers when to act and how. But Steve thinks they shouldn't because he thinks that they should help people the way they want to. Tony Stark is also back who says they should because he still feels responsible for what happened with Ultron is Sokovia from Avengers: Age of Ultron. Steve then goes to the funeral of his old girlfriend named Peggy Carter who was in the first Captain America movie. It then goes to shows Natasha in a place called Wakanda where she meets the prince of Wakanda named T'Challa, played by Chadwick Boseman, and the king who's his father. They're all about to have a conference to discuss about the Avengers. But then there's an explosion that destroys the building which kills his father. Fro some people's point of view, it looks like Bucky did it. But in actuality it was destroyed by the villain of the movie named Helmut Zemo, played by Daniel Brühl. Later T'Challa also thinks that Bucky did it so he swears to get revenge by killing him. Natasha then calls Steve asking him to stay out of this but he's already there along with Sam and Sharon Carter, who was Peggy's niece. Steve manages to find Bucky who says that he didn't do it and Steve believes him but he also tells him that a ton of men are coming to arrest him right now. We then get a great action scene between Steve and Bucky vs. a ton of soldiers and then Bucky jumps out of the window and we meet Black Panther/ T'Challa and we then get another amazing action scene of T'Challa chasing Bucky and Steve chasing T'Challa. This scene is absolutely astounding. But then they're stopped and arrested. While in prison, Bucky is used by Zemo because apparently when HYDRA had Bucky, they brainwashed him to go crazy when ever they said something to him and Zemo does and Bucky goes on a rampage and begins to attack everyone. Tony, Natasha, T'Challa and Sharon try to stop him but he manages to get away but Steve stops him and takes him to a warehouse along with Sam and they trap Bucky in a vice with his metal arm. He begins to snap out of it and he reveals to Steve and Sam that there's actually another Winter Soldier. Also Steve and Sam realise that Zemo is a bad guy and that he caused Bucky to do that. Steve and Sam then recruit Wanda, Clint Barton/ Hawkeye and Scott Lang/ Ant-Man, who, I'm just going to say, is way funnier here then he was in the Ant-Man movie last year. There's also a funny scene with Steve, Sharon, Sam and Bucky while they're recruiting which I won't spoil because I do think you should see that. Also Scott has a new suit. Anyway, Tony convinces Ross to let him bring in some of his remaining friends to find Steve, Bucky and Sam and gets Natasha, T'Challa, Rhodey/ War Machine and Vision. And of course he get's Peter Parker/ Spider-Man, played absolutely amazingly by Tom Holland. Tony recruiting Peter is one of my favourite parts in the movie. My head almost exploded when I saw him because I was so happy. You all know seeing Spider-Man was the number 1 thing I was most excited to see in this movie and we finally got him. Anyway, Steve and his team go to the airport to try and stop Zemo because they kinda know what his plan is. But at the airport, they're stopped by Tony and his team including Peter who now has a new Spider-Man suit along with new web-shooters. Also his eyes move like in the comics. Another thing, do you remember this picture?

It shows Iron Man's team at the airport and it's part of a trailer we got. And actually, do you see where Natasha and Rhodey are? In the actual movie, Peter is standing in the middle of them. Anyway, we then get the fight between team Captain America and team Iron Man, which, I have to say is probably better than the final fight in the first Avengers movie. I mean you have the scene where you have the picture above and this picture...

and then this amazing action scene between all 12 of them. And there's really funny scenes during the fight. Peter even mentions Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back and even gets and idea from that. Scott has a new suit and it can make him small like I the last movie, but it can also make him bigger and Peter gets the idea to tie his legs with a web and then knock him over. Pretty clever, wouldn't you say? Anyway, Steve and Bucky manage to get on a plane to follow Zemo. When Rhodey and Tony try to catch them, Vision accidently hits Rhodey with his beam and knocks him out and causes his legs to not work anymore. After that everyone else is captured and placed in jail like Sam, Clint, Scott and Wanda. Peter also leaves because Tony tells him that he's done for now. Later Tony manages to get Sam to tell him where Steve and Bucky are going and he decides to follow them but T'Challa also follows them. When Steve and Bucky arrive, they try to find Zemo but then Tony finds them and he agrees to help them after something Sam says to him. However when they do find Zemo, he shows them a video of something Bucky did as the Winter soldier. Do you remember what I was saying at the beginning when Bucky assassinated some people in a car? Yeah, well, it turns out the people he killed were actually Tony's parents and he gets angry with both of them and we get our final fight between Tony vs. Steve and Bucky which is also fantastic. This was actually Zemo's plan all along to get the Avengers to fight and kill each other. When he tries to escape T'Challa finds him and he reveals why he's doing this. Apparently, his family was murdered in Sokovia so he wanted revenge. T'Challa then knocks him out and arrests him. Back with Tony, Steve and Bucky, Tony manages to destroy Bucky's metal arm and knock him out but then Steve beats him and knocks him down and then escapes with Bucky. Sometime later, Tony is helping Rhodey walk again and he also gets a message from Steve. And the movie ends with Steve helping Sam, Clint, Scott and Wanda escape from the prison and we get 2 mid and after credit scenes like every M.C.U movie. The first is Bucky being frozen so they can find a way to get the brainwash out of him and they're hiding in Wakanda thanks to T'Challa. And the second is Peter pushing a button on his web-shooters and we see his Spidy-symbol. And that's all what happens in the movie. Let me start by saying that I don't think I've ever been this excited for a movie before in my life. Now let's get to the 10000000 things I loved in this movie. First off this movie has some of the best action I've ever seen in my life. The Russo brothers, who directed this movie are probably the best Marvel directors ever in my opinion. They directed Winter Solider, this movie and they're going to be directing the 2 Infinity War movies. The action in this is unlike anything I've ever seen in my life. The best one either being the chase scene with Steve, Bucky and T'Challa or the airport fight. Probably the airport fight though. Also, obviously, this movie is hilarious. Some of the funniest stuff in the M.C.U happens here. Also the cast is once again phenomenal. Chris Evans is still amazing as Steve but of course Robert Downey Jr. is incredible. While we've seen him be funny and fast-talking in the other movies, this one has him be more dramatic which I like. This is the most dramatic part of Tony Stark I've ever seen. Chadwick Boseman is also fantastic as Black Panther. He was interesting, likable and sympathetic and you do care about him and understand why he's doing this. And his costume looked exacly how it should like if it was ever put on screen. Look.

Everyone else is fantastic especially Daniel Brühl as Helmut Zemo even though he's one of those kinda weak villains in the M.C.U if you remember me saying that. He isn't that bad and we do understand why he's doing these things but something about him didn't entirely click with me. But of course, let's get to what you all want me to talk about... Spider-Man. Oh, my God. This is 100% my favourite Spider-Man ever. Tom Holland is the best Spider-Man ever. I'm sorry Andrew Garfield. You were amazing but this guy is the best Spider-Man I've ever seen. I liked his voice, I liked his personality and I liked how he's exactly how he should be. A 15 year old high school student unlike the last 2 who were graduating from high school. He looked incredible. This is probably my favourite on-screen Spider-Man costume we've ever seen. Look.

And like I said, Tony recruiting Peter is one of my favourite scenes in the movie. As well as every other scene with him. And I can't wait 'til his solo movie "Homecoming" next year. And the new Ant-Man suit that Scott has looks 10000 times better than the first one. Especially seeing how it looks way cooler. Look.

And once again, I still could not choose a side because both Steve and Tony make really good points. So yeah. That's my review on Captain America: Civil War. Overall it's an amazing movie and one of my favourite comic book movies ever. I cannot wait until it comes out on DVD and I can watch it over and over. So yeah. Definitely see this movie because you'll love it just like me. It deserves every bit of money it gets and more and it should definitely get more money than Batman V Superman because it's 1000000 times better and it's 10000000 times better made. Everyone, thank-you for reading and, like I said, this is actually my 300th entry onto my blog and thank-you again for reading. Please comments and I'll hopefully do another entry tomorrow. =).

No comments:

Post a Comment