Friday 1 December 2017

5 DC Extended Universe movies ranked

So, with Justice League finally out and my review of it up, I thought I'd take a look back at all the DC Extended Universe movies so far and rate them. Before I start, I need to say, this is all my opinion so if you disagree or agree with these choices, that's fine. These are just put in the order of how I've enjoyed each of these films. While this franchise doesn't have the best track record though, I haven't hated any of these movies and I find enjoyment in all of them. And, so, let's begin and I hope you all enjoy.
5. Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice:

Starting us off at number 5 is the only movie in this franchise that kinda seems average to me. While there are tons of things in this that I love, it has a lot of problems, as said by a lot of people, including myself. This is a movie that a lot of people were anticipating because it was going to be the first time we were going to see Batman and Superman together on the big screen for the first time ever. It was also going to be the first time we were ever going to be Wonder Woman on the big screen. So, naturally, we were all really excited. And, while we did get some great things in it like an amazing Batman and Wonder Woman was awesome, they gave us way too much in one movie and didn't do a good job with setting up the other members of the Justice League. While some of the action was cool, some was also a bit of a let down too. Still though, as far as the movie itself, I would still kinda say it's just average.
4. Man of Steel:

Next up is the movie that started this entire universe. This is the Superman movie that was definitely the most different kinda we had ever seen beforehand. And, this is a very opposite Superman movie. And, when I say that, I mean, this isn't the way a Superman movie should really be made. Superman is one of the most hopeful and uplifting superheroes ever, here, it's just kinda depressing the whole way through. Still though, I thought the cast was great, some of the visuals were cool and the plot, while messy in a lot of it, was kinda interesting in parts. And, while I didn't like the depressing tone of the whole movie, the moments where they tried to be much lighter, I thought were kinda rewarding and I liked those moments. Even when the movie was going too destructive and over the top.
3. Suicide Squad:

Last year's Suicide Squad was, in my opinion, one of the strangest movies to coming out of 2016. I'd say mainly due to it's reception and critical response. But I still found it really fun. While there were some noticeably bad editing moves, I still had a lot of fun with this and found the action, cast and some visuals pretty cool. I also surprisingly loved the climax. I think just because of what the characters do while it's happening. But I really liked the interactions too, which is what a lot of people were most excited for when they were going to see this. And I thought that was cool to see. I also thought the introduction to a lot of these characters was awesome. Like seeing these characters on screen for the first time like Deadshot, Harley Quinn and Killer Croc. I really liked that and I seem to be one of the only few people that actually liked Jared Leto's Joker and thought he was pretty cool. I really can't wait for more of him. And I personally enjoyed this a lot more than I thought I did.
2. Wonder Woman:

Now we get into the actual really good DC.E.U movie. This movie was a huge surprise when it came out this year. And, yeah, it's really, really good... but, even though I do like it, I don't love the movie. I'm, personally, not a huge fan of the whole fish out of water premise and so that can make scenes seem kinda weird and awkward. And while, I know that's supposed to be funny, and I did find it funny, I don't really like it very much. The climax is also a bit of a let down for me. Still though, even with all that stuff, I had a blast with this and it was a lot of fun. It was great to have a great version of Wonder Woman on the big screen and I love Chris Pine as Steve Trevor. The rest of the cast was great too and I really enjoyed watching all of them, especially the group of soldiers they fight with. I loved that and I had fun with the movie even when it was slowing down.
1. Justice League:

Okay, okay. I know this is so weird coming from me. You all read my review of this movie by now, so you all know what I think about it. And, yes, it's not perfect and there are a lot of problem like a poorly structured story, a lacklustre villain and so distracting reshooting, along with some distracting editing, but, personally, I think this might be the most fun I've had with a DC.E.U movie. A lot of the action, while some C.G.I and green screen were pretty bad and I'm getting kinda sick of this whole slow-mo action thing that Zack Snyder does, some of the action was really cool and this had so many awesome moments. And there were moments here where I kinda got chills and gave me a huge smile on my face. And I thought this movie handled it's DC references much better than other DC movies, unlike Batman V Superman. And, yes, it can be really rushed and, when you watch it, it can feel kinda disposable, but I had a much more fun with this than I thought. I also especially loved both the credit scenes as I said in my review and the second one in particular got me more excited for the future of this universe. Also, as I said in the review, I liked how this is a more lighter movie and there were some funny moments too. Yes, there were members on the team and side characters that I wish had more to do, but I think they could fix that with the future movies and, I mean, it is a Justice League movie. This is something everyone's wanted to see for a long time and, while it's not perfect and it does seem like they're copying the M.C.U's Avengers, I really liked the interactions with these characters and thought they really captured the fun of these characters on the big screen. Again, Wonder Woman is probably the better movie, but, again, this is the DC.E.U movie I think I've enjoyed the most. And I can't wait to see what the next DC Extended Universe movie is. And so, everyone, those are the 5 current DC.E.U movies ranked. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what think or, if you like these movies, tell me how you'd rank these.

No comments:

Post a Comment