Saturday 9 December 2017

The Lion Guard: Timon and Pumbaa's Christmas

So, the Lion Guard has sorta been taking a break lately with not many happening for over a month. But now that Christmas is literally coming up, they decided to release a Christmas themed episode, and so, here's my review of it. I was sorta wondering about this. I wasn't really sure how they would come out and the marketing wasn't showing much in terms of plot. But I just watched it a while ago and, so, here it is. Before I started watching it, again, I didn't really think about what the plot was going to be, so I just started not really thinking about that and hoped it would be enjoyable. As I did though, I started to think I might have known what was going to happen. And, how was it? Uh, it was good, I guess. Not anything special and it's not one I'd go back to watch over and over, but it's not bad. And, yes, I'm going to do all the spoilers, so, if you want to see it for yourself, go watch it and then read this. What's the story? It's a flashback episode where Christmas is coming up, but only Timon and Pumbaa actually know about it. They even decorate a tree to look like a Christmas, but, when Timon gets the feeling that Dandy Claws, obviously their version of Santa Claus, isn't going to show up, he breaks down feeling that the plan they have won't work. So now Bunga and the rest of the Guard try to think of a way to make him better by rounding up the animals of the Pride Lands to have them sing some song that's supposed to get him to come. So Kion asks Simba, Nala and Kiara, along with Tifu and Zuri to help to. Once they're all gathered, they begin but Bunga keeps having them do it over and over until they give up thinking that this isn't gonna work either. But then once Timon and Pumbaa come, they all gather by the tree and do it. Even Pumbaa dresses up as this Dandy Claws guy by putting on some leaves and Timon better. And all this is a story that Rafiki is telling Makini. As a real and proper Lion Guard Christmas episode, they do a pretty good job, even if they didn't include Christmas in the title, you can look at the entire look of the episode and see that it's definitely Christmas themed. It looks great. Even just the design of the tree. And it's a nice story for Bunga and Timon because Bunga's doing everything he can to help make Timon better. And so all that is good, but, as an episode itself, it's still not anything that spectacular. Which is weird considering they coulda had it be great, but they went for a plot that can get kinda samey and too childish. I know this is a young kids show, but something this show does a lot so well is that it can balance its tone enough so that it's also a family show too. Here though, even though there's good  things in it, and I would go to say it is pretty good, it can go a little to childish at times. Still though, I had some fun and there were a lot of things to enjoy with a couple of funny moments. And the songs were... all right, I guess. And this sorta helps boost Bunga's character in what he's like with wanting to help and make things better. And that's all good for him, and the rest certainly do their parts in what their supposed to do as the sort of characters they are and they even have some funny  moments when the Guard are trying to organise the "concert" that Bunga's trying to create. And I just really loved the Christmas like atmosphere that the episode was creating and I think that's what I enjoyed about this episode the most. Especially given how Christmas is almost here. And I do think that's why I had a pretty good time with this. And so, everyone, that's my review of The Lion Guard: Timon and Pumbaa's Christmas. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment