Wednesday 6 December 2017

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark

So, this is something else I've been thinking about doing for a while. But now I finally got around to it and so now, I'm going to do a review for one of the most famous and influence movies of all time, Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. I had heard tons things about this movie for a while and I was pretty curious to see this for myself, so I finally watched it and, yeah, it's really good. I was really surprised by this. Although, unlike every YouTuber who I've seen review this movie, I don't love it and I thought there were some problems. Still though, this was a really fun watch and I can definitely see why it's such a timeless classic, according to a lot of people. And, if you haven't seen it yet, don't worry, I'm not going to spoil anything here. What's the story? It opens up with Indiana Jones, played by Harrison Ford, who's an explorer and adventurer, going to some temple to retrieve a small golden statue with his crew.
After he gets away from soldiers and the statue stolen from he, we go through a few years with him being a teacher at a school but then he begins talking to men about something called the Lost Ark of the Covenant, which is something supposedly powerful that he's been thinking about trying to find for ages. The men then allow him to find it. Indy then goes to find it with a person he once knew named Marion, played by Karen Allen. He helps her in a bar fight with the main villains who're after the ark too. Marion agrees to go with him and they meet up with one of Indy's old friends, Sallah, played by John Rhys-Davies. And I'll stop there. Firstly I'll talk about the many things I liked here. In terms of what this movie is supposed to be, that being a fun adventure movie, yeah, this movie nails that perfectly. It's not the most fun movie I've ever seen, but it's still really fun. The cast is also great. Sam with the characters. Harrison Ford is perfect as Indiana Jones as this brave adventurer who's also funny, charming, a lady's man and just so cool. I thought he was awesome. I really liked Karen Allen as Marion. She was awesome and fun to watch. And I really loved John Rhys-Davies as Sallah. He was really fun and really likeable. He and Harrison Ford work off each other really well and I had a lot of fun watching them together. The villains were also pretty cool and intimidating. Also, the effects here are amazing. Especially for something that came out in 1981. And I really loved the stunt work, especially during the car chase scene. This was mostly done practically so it looks real and very tense at times. I also really liked the bar fight scene. I thought that was especially awesome.
This movie was directed by Steven Spielberg, probably one of the most famous directors ever. His other movies include Jurassic Park, E.T, Saving Private Ryan, and that's just to name a few. And his direction here is fantastic. The movie's also really well made with the cinematography and the set up with it. And, overall, the movie's super memorable. It's funny at parts and it's got some awesome one-liners. I'm also kinda surprised that after 36 years, this movie still holds up really well. Not 100%, but still. Now, as far as what I didn't like, some action is really dated and doesn't seem like it's actually happening. Especially the fist fights. The movie is also kinda dated in some parts. As I said, it does hold up, but not everything does. There is also some stuff in this that I found kinda boring. Like some parts in the dessert. A lot of it was fun, but some parts felt like it was dragging a bit. Still though, even with that, I still thought this was a really fun time. When watching some other reviews for this movie, they were all loving it and saying how fun it was. And, while I don't love it and think it's a little flawed, I still see why. And so everyone, that's my review of Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. I would highly recommend this if you haven't seen it yet. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment