Friday 29 December 2017

My top 10 anime openings

With dozens of anime out there, there're even more anime openings with them, I thought I'd talk about the different anime opening out there and count down my top 10 favourite. These will be judge on the songs or music in the opening and the animation and the way they might, either, tell the story with them or help show what the characters are. And so, let's begin and I hope you all like this.
10. Tank (Cowboy Bebop):
Starting us off is the opening of one of the most beloved anime shows of all time, Cowboy Bebop. I've reviewed this show in May and so you all know my thoughts on it. And one of the things I said I enjoyed about it was the music. And the opening is no exception. It's a great combination of jazz music and colourful animation and all that makes a great combo for an older anime show from the 1990's.
9. Over (Boruto: Naruto Next Generation):
The most recent anime opening is at number 9, Over, from Boruto: Naruto Next Generation. And, yeah, this is another great opening. The animation's spectacular, the song's really catchy and I love how it's sorta symbolising something and that being Boruto and Naruto with Boruto sorta seeing the younger Naruto in him and I have a feeling that'll sorta come into play later on in the show. As I said in my top 5 anime that I'm hoping to watch soon list, I haven't actually started watching Boruto yet, I've just watched bits and that's because I'm still waiting to watch the English dub of Naruto Shippuden, which hasn't been finished yet. Either way, this opening scene is still awesome and it's great to listen to.
8. Diver (Naruto Shippuden):
I love this opening, not just because of how fantastically animated it is and the song sounds nice, but also, it's cool to see with how well it tells a story in itself. And, when I say that, I'm talking about what it shows. At the start it shows Naruto sinking with his enemies rising but then his friends are there to push him back up. And when he's out, he sees Sasuke still in the water and so he dives in to get him. That's cool and the singing by NICO Touches The Wall is terrific.
7. Again (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood):
(Don't expect this to be the last of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood on this list.) However while this isn't my favourite Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood opening, it's still really fantastic. It starts off kinda slow with nice singing and music and slow animation, then it goes super fast with fast paced action and the song gets more intense with a lot of sequences happening. And it's a cool with the way it's all edited. A friend and I were even talking lately about this opening's song sounds really beautiful and she really loves listening to it, and so do I.
6. Snow Fairy (Fairy Tail):
The first Fairy Tail opening is the best one in my opinion and I love it. This is one of the only openings where I think that the best part is the song itself. The rest is great too, but my favourite part is the song. It sounds amazing, especially the start of it and the very end of it. It's almost kinda hard to explain why I love this opening so much, I just really do and I love the song so much. It's one of the few openings I have on my iPod because of that. It's just a great sound and the band Funkiest.
5. We Are (One Piece):
With One Piece being the biggest anime I've been starting to watch for a while, this opening had me really excited from the first second. It's one of the few anime opening songs that's English dubbed, which is fantastic. The singer does a great job of giving you this very friendly feeling with great lyrics with a well told backstory about the king of the pirates and the One Piece. I love how the singer gives you the impression that he's super friendly and welcoming.
4. Gotta Go Fast (Sonic X):
As I said in my anime review of Sonic X, the actual theme song for this show is one of the catchiest and best I've ever heard. As well as the first one I actually heard. And, yeah, even to this day, I love it. I love imagining things to it and I remember my cousin and I really liking it when we were younger. And how can I not? It's awesome, it's fast paced, it shows a lot of great action and animation and the end part is incredible. I especially love the singer and how intense the singing almost sounds.
3. Blue Bird (Naruto Shippuden):
Going back to Naruto is Blue Bird. Also known as the third opening for Naruto Shippuden. This is a super beautiful opening. First we see a quick glimpse of Naruto and Sasuke reuniting. After that, we see an amazingly animated blue bird flying around and Naruto falling from the sky and seeing Shikamaru and Asuma in a fight with Hidan and Kakuzu. I love this opening the most for it beautiful song and well animated action and unbelievable camerawork. Definitely one of the best in my opinion.
2. Far Away (Naruto):
Coming in close to number 1 is Far Away from the original Naruto show. This being the second opening for it. With this being the best and most acclaimed Naruto opening ever, it shows a lot and very little as well. By that, I mean, it shows all of Naruto's friends and it's shown with phenomenal animation and a fantastic pumping song. The visuals also indicate that this is all some sort of fore-shadowing and that this was really the beginning of Naruto.
And my number 1 favourite anime opening is... Rain (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood):
And finally, at number 1 is Rain. This being the fifth and final opening for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. When it comes to an anime opening, this is everything I want. A fantastic song with incredible animation, fantastically well-told story without giving away anything and being so much fun to watch and listen too. This is only anime opening I never skip while watching the anime because it's so amazing with incredible singing from SID and beautifully animated shots, like the final shot of the house and the sunset. And, yeah, this is another song I'm listening to a lot on my iPod. And, like I said before, this is another one I listen to on my iPod and like to do a lot of imagining while doing it. And it shows something huge. That being the war that's happening in Central with Ed, Al, their friends, Mustang's team and Brigg's soldiers vs. the Central soldiers. It shows something huge happening with a bunch of incredible sequences taking place and I love every second of it. And so, everyone, those are my picks for my top 10 favourite anime openings. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think or, if you like anime, please tell me your favourite anime opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment