Monday 10 October 2016

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children

So, here I'm going to do a review for the video game movie, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. This is based on the video game Final Fantasy VII by Square Enix. As in the same people who made Kingdom Hearts and all the other Final Fantasy games. And Advent Children was a movie they made in 2007. I actually don't know what people think of this but from what I've seen from IMDb, it has a pretty good score. Also, you won't entirely understand this if you're not a Final Fantasy or Square Enix fan. Just saying that for now. And, in case you're wondering, no, I won't be talking about the full story. But let's get into it. What's the story? It opens up with a narration from a girl named Marlene telling us the story of the battle against the evil Sephiroth. Watch.
Anyway, it then shows Cloud, was a Soldier but is now just a delivery guy. But one day while going somewhere, he gets attacked by three men with their leader being a man named Kadaj. They then leave and Cloud meets a guy in a white hood for info about who they were. Also, kind of a Kingdom Hearts thing, but one of the man's guards looks and sounds exactly like Axel from Kingdom Hearts. If you've seen both of those. There's also a woman named Tifa who, I'm just going to say, I don't know what she is. And when I say that I mean I don't know if she's Cloud's wife or girlfriend or just regular friend. But anyway, they both are looking after two orphaned children. The girl from the narration named Marlene and a boy named Denzel. There's also this thing that some people have inside them called Geostigma and Denzel has it and it's bad for all of them. After that, Tifa and Marlene go to this church where Cloud is supposed to be staying hoping to see him but then they're attacked by one of the men that was with Kadaj. He beats Tifa and takes Marlene. Cloud later shows up and sees what happened. He then falls unconscious and is later found by the white hooded man's men. They tell them that they took Denzel as well and Cloud goes after them. And I'll stop there. So first off, in my opinion, the best thing in this is the C.G.I. The animation in this is absolutely beautiful. The people at Square Enix absolutely know how to do C.G.I. This work is amazing. Another thing that's amazing in this is the action scenes. The fight scenes in this are fantastic. In my opinion, the best one is at the end with Cloud vs. Sephiroth. It's great. Watch.
And I actually heard somewhere that Kingdom Hearts 2 is actually the reason this movie was made. I mean Kingdom Hearts 2 was made in 2006 and this was made in 2007. And the characters in this are awesome like always. Cloud is still the awesome fighter like always. Steve Burton is perfect as the voice for this character. He sounds really cool and George Newbern is absolutely fantastic as Sephiroth. They both play off each other well and these two have great voices for these characters. The rest are still great too like Tifa, Yuffie, Cid, Barret, they're all awesome. Though I do prefer them all in Kingdom Hearts more. Also the whole story is pretty interesting. In the first few years I found it kinda hard to follow but now I totally get it. And the film as a whole, whether you've seen it or not and you want to see it, is entertaining. I mean my brother and I like it, though that's probably because, as I've said before, we're very easily entertained people. But I like it for the fact that it's Square Enix and I can't dislike them. Especially seeing how they made my favourite thing ever with Kingdom Hearts. But as a whole, I still like it and the C.G.I is still something that no one can say anything bad about. So it's kinda hard to say, I guess if you're a fan of Final Fantasy or Square Enix and you haven't seen this yet I would say watch it. But even if you're not, I would still recommend it because it is an entertaining  movie. And so yeah, I do like this movie and I like watching it every once in a while. So, yeah, I would recommend it if you haven't see it yet. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment