Saturday 15 April 2017

My top 20 other favourite Disney characters

So, last month I made a remake of my top 10 favourite Disney characters. And so now I'm continuing that list by making a top 20 other favourites. And like other lists I've made, this will be a continuation of the one from last month and by that I mean I'll be starting at number 30 and then ending at 11 because then you can just go and read the one from before because this is basically ending where the first one started if you know what I mean. Also, the rules are the same so no Pixar characters or Kingdom Hearts characters. Just Disney alone. And so, let's begin and I hope you all like this.
30. Aladdin:
Image result for Aladdin disney
Starting us off at number 30 is the fun loving street rat, Aladdin. A very friendly and adventurous person, this guy grew up without his parents and on the streets dirt poor. He only had one friend with Abu and the two of them became a great team to snatch food whatever way they could. And his first scene in the movies with them escaping from the guards is so fun and funny.
29. Frollo:
Image result for frollo
Next up is the ruthless and cold-hearted judge himself, Frollo. The first and only villain on the list, Frollo is a heartless monster with no conscience at all. He's a villain who does so many horrendous things, but even though we hate what he's doing, he's still a cool and charismatic character from his voice and cool tone. He's an amazing antagonist and he owns every scene with him in the original Hunchback movie.
28. Stitch:

At number 28 is Experiment 626, Stitch. Kind of an underrated character, but I really love Stitch. I love how he learns real humanity and, while you might think it's kinda clichéd and done before, I don't think that at all. The way they went about I thought was great and made the character so much more likeable. And his relationship with Lilo and Yuna I really like. And, kinda weird thing that I've never mentioned before, but I really like the Stitch anime show. I think, while not perfect, I still like and really enjoy. I personally think it's pretty good. And a big part of that is Stitch himself as being the really likeable and great character he is.
27. Phineas and Ferb:

Next are the two stepbrothers from Disney Channel's original TV show. I only mentioned this show once before and that was in my top 10 Phineas and Ferb episodes last year and one of the best parts of it in my opinion is the main characters. They're not bad kids who try to get into trouble all the time, they're just very creative and adventurous who try different things every day and they're very optimistic and positive characters too. They're fully and completely realised in great writing for them.
26. Peter Pan:

Coming in next is the super cocky and sure of himself character, Peter Pan. Being the character who shows the Darling family the meaning of growing up for real, despite never growing up himself, he managed to be funny and likeable while also never being a hateful character. Peter could almost be considered a young boy's hero because he's the kind of person they may be inspired to be at a young person's age with being likeable and heroic at the same time. He's really well written and the conflict between him and Captain Hook is great. I love it.
25. Phil:

At number 26 is the grumpy old goat hero coach, Philoctetes, or Phil for short. Being the best part in the animated Classic in my opinion, Phil had the best and funniest scenes in the whole movie. My dad and I like to quote him a lot. He's animated great and he was given a great voice actor with Danny DeVito. He's also given a good backstory and you do kinda feel for him. But I'm mainly putting him on here because he's so funny and so enjoyable.
24. Quasimodo:
Image result for hunchback of notre dame quasimodo 1996
At number 24, I have the bell ringer from Notre Dame, Quasimodo. It's like what I've said for a few other characters here, he's very likeable with his kind heart and friendliness. He might have been trapped in the Notre Dame Bell Tower for 20 years, but the walls there couldn't keep in his curiosity to see the outside world. He also has the best design I've ever seen for this character and the writing for him is so on point and perfect with them making him so loveable and sympathetic at times. And whenever you're watching this movie, you always feel for this guy. You want him to succeed but not everything works for him. But thankfully he does at the end and he's finally accepted among the crowed as a real human being and not a monster like Frollo told him he was.
23. Ralph:

Next up on the list at number 23 is the wrecking game character himself, Ralph. Being created as a bad guy, Ralph was treated horribly by everyone around him until he changed everything by saving Sugar Rush and his entire arcade. And even though we've kinda seen this kind of character before, this is the way you do it and make it seem original. You know what I mean, the kinda big kind doofus who has a heart of gold. And seriously, I really want him in Kingdom Hearts 3. He's one of the biggest characters I want to see in it.
22. Anna:

Now we move onto another Disney princess, this one being Anna from Frozen. And this is not the kind of thing you'd expect to see in a Disney princess. While most of them before have sorta follow a similar formula a little, Anna doesn't really. She a very funny and very playful dreamer who really wants to get out there. That was really shown in the movie. That she wanted to get out of the castle and have fun. And they managed to make her extremely likeable make you love her passion. She is so incredible and she's another one of the characters I would love to see in Kingdom Hearts 3.
21. Pinocchio:
Image result for pinocchio disney
Next on the list is the puppet boy, Pinocchio. While maybe a little bit of a controversial character as I've heard from my brother and sister, I really like him. They managed to make this character who should come off as really unlikeable hateful, and make him into a character who does literally feel like a real kid. You get the feeling that he does want to do many things like a did and he does. While he does do bad things at times you can see he does learn him lesson and he tries to do better. And I love him for that. He incredible to watch in my opinion.
20. Simba:

Continuing the list at number 20 is the next character from the Lion King franchise, and that is Simba. When as a child, he was excited about becoming king and doing whatever he wanted but after the death of his father, he swore to protect the Pride Lands as a real king from threats like the evil Scar. Being the current king of the Pride Lands and the father to Kiara and Kion, he's come a long way from the way he was back then and now. He's transitioned into a real likeable king. And while, yes, at times, he can come off as a little mean like to Kiara and Kion a tiny bit, you can't help but still love him, especially as a fun loving kid.
19. Belle:

This might come off as a surprise to some people, but at number 19, I'm putting Belle from the original Beauty and the Beast. Maybe one of the most famous and beloved Disney , if not just animated characters, of all time. She's just such a good role model for people and is a very positive character too. She's received so much praise from everyone who I've seen review the original movie. Not sure what people think of her in the new movie, actually I haven't seen the movie yet although I've heard people say they like it, but from the original 1991 animated movie, she's fantastic and I really, really like her so much.
18. Daisy Duck

This is actually kinda surprising for me, but next on the list is Daisy Duck. Being as famous a character she is, I almost kinda thought she'd be a little higher on the list, but I'm putting her at number 18. But that's not to say I don't like her, I totally do. I think she's great, just like all these other characters. She's also the oldest character on this list too. Being in a relationship with Donald, the two of them have some really good and some funny moments together. She's just a very good and at time loveable character who gets held back a little because of some small things I've seen her in but that doesn't really take away anything.
17. Judy and Nick:

The first team character on this list, I'd say that the reason I'm putting Judy and Nick as a team and the same spot is not just because they're from the same movie, but because I think that together, they make a great character on their own. That may sound strange, but they make such a good team that they honestly couldn't get through what they do without the other and they work off each other great. The chemistry between them is great too and so is the interaction between them. The scenes with them interacting is so unbelievably fantastic and great fun to watch.
16. Mary Poppins:

The first and only live action character on the list is the magical nanny herself, Mary Poppins. One of the more mysterious Disney characters out there, Mary Poppins the kind of woman who you love all the time, but you don't know much about her nor do you know about her magical things either. She's a very positive, likeable and sweet lady. And the interaction with her and the kids is a lot of fun. And not to mention her interactions with Bert who also could be on this list because he too is a great character but the reason I'm putting Mary at number 16 by herself is because she's a character who can stand on her own and she does it incredibly and I think a lot of that has to do with the magnificent performance from Julie Andrews.
15. Olaf:

Going back to the C.G.I animated characters is one of the funniest Disney characters ever, Olaf. While having not much to explain his existence, they make up for it with a great and funny character and they gave us a hilarious character as well. They also made him a very caring character as well and while very naïve at times, in fact, a lot of the time, he's still very giddy but still loveable and funny.
14. Fuli:

Next up is the fastest on the Lion Guard, Fuli. I don't entirely know what to say about her that I haven't already, but I can try. Out of all the Guard members, I would say Fuli is the coolest as well. The coolest design, coolest voice (not saying she has the best voice, but still), coolest facial expressions. Just everything about her is so awesome and she has some of best things in the show happen to her. That does happen to Kion more, but she's definetly the second. Overall, just a great character in my opinion and I really hope she and Kion get together in the end.
13. Bambi:

At number 13 is the young prince deer, Bambi. Now, this might sound weird, but this is just from the second Bambi movie. I know I've talked about that movie a lot, but I can't help it, I really like the movie. And one of the best parts of it is Bambi himself. In the first movie he's good and I do like him, but I don't know if I'd say I love him there. But in the second movie he's amazing and I do love him there. He's just such a loveable and innocent kid. Also a sympathetic one with the death of his mother. And I also like his connection to his friends like Thumper, Flower and Faline. They're all great together and Bambi himself is the best part of them and I love him so much. But again, I really only love him in the second movie. I do like him in the first, I just love more in the second.
12. Kiara and Kovu:
Image result for kiara the lion king 2 simba's pride
The next and last team on the list is Kiara and Kovu from the Lion King 2. Along with Kion from the Guard, these two are probably my favourites in the Lion King franchise. Not just the fact that they work well together and the chemistry between them is very well done, which, coming from me is really saying something, but also because they're really fantastic characters by themselves as well. And the reason they're both on here is for the same reason as Judy and Nick. They feel like a complete character and I love they're scenes together, especially after the scene where they start to fall in love, which might actually be some of my favourite Disney moments. Seeing them together is really fantastic in my opinion. If you don't believe that, that's fine. It's just my opinion and I love them individually as well. Especially Kiara. But Kovu is great on his own too with being a sympathetic guy who grew up with an evil family and didn't want to be bad himself. And I love seeing them all the time. And hopefully in the last episode of the Lion Guard, as I said some time previously, hopefully they do redo the second Lion King movie and we can see Kion and Kovu getting along.
11. Winnie the Pooh:

I honestly forgot about Pooh when I was doing the honourable mentions in the first entry. But yeah, ending this list at number 11 is the silly old bear, Winnie the Pooh. I said in my review many years ago about how Pooh is one of the most innocent things ever. You might think that he's just a baby character and small kid character with all the things associated with him especially kinda recently. But there's no denying that the original movie was geared for all ages. And Pooh himself is so likeable on so many levels. He's so gentle and kind and especially naïve but still very pleasant which makes him so interesting as well. I love Pooh and there's not a doubt in my mind that says that he's not classic Disney character and one people will always love. He's so loveable and I can't wait to see more of him. And everyone those are my top 20 other favourite Disney characters. Thank you all for reading and please comment below to tell me what you think and if you haven't read the top 10 Disney characters list I did last month, do after you've read this because, as I said, this a continuation of that. And thank you all again.

No comments:

Post a Comment