Friday 21 April 2017

The Lion Guard: Ono the Tickbird

So now we've come to the newest episode of the Lion Guard, Ono the Tickbird. I wasn't exactly 100% excited for this like the last episode because I hadn't heard a lot from it before I started watching it and from what I had heard, people were kinda saying that it was just okay, so I started it and watched it and I thought the same thing. It wasn't bad, just okay. But, before we get to that, let's talk about the story. And, like always, I'll be talking about the whole story. So if you don't want it spoiled and you want to see it, go watch it and then read this. So, what's the story? It starts off with the Guard finding a rhino going off on a rampage and they manage to stop it. It explains that it had a tickbird to help him see but he's gone so he can't. So the Guard agree to find his tickbird and Ono agrees to fill in as his temporary tickbird like helper. So as the Guard goes off to find the bird, they do and they convince him to come back and the reason he left in the first place is because he says the rhino always blames him for everything. While that's going on, the rhino is constantly annoying Ono because he wants him to do things the way his old bird did it. And at one point when it looks like Ono is doing a really good job at helping him, the other bird sees and thinks he's really being replaced. But then Ono tells him what was going on and he agrees to go back again but then Makuu shows up and attacks them. The other bird gets hurt and Ono goes back to the Guard and the rhino to help. They manage to stop Makuu and the rhino and bird make up and Ono is relieved he doesn't have to work with the rhino anymore, which is pretty funny. So, first up, I'll go over the problems I have first. Firstly, and probably the biggest thing is that the rhino himself is really annoying being a cranky old guy. I know I probably shouldn't fault the episode for that because this is a show for small kids. But I always sorta figured that they tried to appeal to both kids and adults watching it with kids. So they should maybe make characters that they can all like. I mean that's what they've always been able to do up until now with him. Also, the songs here aren't very good either. Which is strange. Along with the characters, the songs is another thing I was expecting this episode to do well because, as I've said before, the songs in the show are mostly always really fantastic and I love a lot of them. But here, they're not very good. Not terrible, but still. And the last nitpick I have is that I don't think the episode is very memorable. Which is another thing that I think is strange because a lot of the previous episodes have all had some memorability in them or something that was very memorable. Here, there isn't much. But, aside from those, this is still a decent episode. It's not great and not one of my favourites, but it still has the same charm to it like all the other episodes. The cast in also still really good like always and the new ones, while some are kinda annoying, are really good. There's some funny scenes with Bunga and the animation still looks really nice. I honestly don't have a lot to say about this except it's pretty good with a few flaws but I still enjoy because I love the show so much. Like I said, sorry this review isn't very big, I just don't really have a lot to say. Still, I would recommend it if you're interested and I can't wait for the Scar Ghost episode next. I know that that will be a great episode and I'm so excited for that one. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment