Tuesday 7 June 2016

Daredevil: Season 1

Yes, I've finally gotten around to watching the Daredevil Netflix show and here I'm going to review it now. Big warning though, I'm going to talk about spoilers so if you haven't watched it, I'm going to talk about almost every spoiler. And if you haven't watched it, definitely do because this show is amazing. I finished watching season 1 just last night and I've started watching season 2. This show stars Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock who's a lawyer by day and at night is Daredevil, exactly like the 2003 movie I reviewed where, when he was younger, got hit in the face by chemicals and it gave him heightened senses. When he walks into a room he's able to visually see in his head the various things in it through tiny vibrations in the air. He's also able to hear people's heartbeats to tell when they're lying. Another thing I gotta mention is his Daredevil suit. I mean his black ninja one. I think it's o.k. It isn't horrible, I just sorta think it's o.k. This is what it looks like.

I know it's getting it from the Man With No Fear story by Frank Miller, but it just doesn't click with me. I much prefer his actual Daredevil suit he gets in the last episode. Look.

Matt has a partner named Foggy Nelson and an assistant named Karen Page. And this show feels real. I mean it's showing us that people live in Hell's Kitchen and it's depicted as a nasty and disgusting place with criminals everywhere and people are in fear because of that, even the people that want to live there. And the origin in this is exactly like the way they did it in Deadpool where it shows him as an adult and a kid and it keeps going back and forth. And there's some pretty good comedy. And oh, my god, the one that made me laugh extremely hard is when they reference Iron Man, Thor and Captain America. Hearing that made me so happy. And now, let's talk about the action. Again, oh, my god. This is some of the most realistic action I've ever seen in comic book stuff. Especially the famous hallway fight in episode 2. Everyone who's watched this show always talks about this scene because it's so amazing. The best part is the camera work and it's all just one shot. Watch.
And now let's talk about the actors in this show. First off, in my opinion, the best one is Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock/Daredevil. I would definitely put him on my top 15 comic book portrayals. He is beyond phenomenal as the character. He does this role so well and you do really care for him. And it's not just him, the other actors are also amazingly fantastic. There's also another character named Ben Urich played by Vondie Curtis-Hall. He is so likeable and so sympathetic and it's all the more sad when he's killed by the Kingpin. Which, let's talk about. Vincent D'Onofrio plays  the villain of the show, Wilson Fisk/Kingpin. And he is so hard is talk about. And when I say that, I mean because there's an episode where we earn about his past where we find out that hiss father was an abusive jerk and he actually killed him when he was a boy by hitting him in the head with a hammer two times really hard when his father was hitting his mother over and over. And yeah, you can feel sorry for him when you see that and then you hate him when he does terrible things. There's also a scary scene where he actually decapitates a guy's head with a car door. And one thing you can say about him is that his portrayal is amazing. There's also a romance with him and a person named Vanessa. Which, I have to admit is pretty funny. I don't mean the romance thing I mean the fact that her named is Vanessa and his name is Wilson. Again, just like Deadpool. His girlfriend was Vanessa and Wade's last name is Wilson. I find that funny. Kingpin also has a henchman named Wesley played amazingly by Toby Leonard Moore. He is amazing. You sorta like him but you like him as a bad guy and he's so charismatic. And he dies near the end of season 1 when Karen kills him. I don't know how toy feel about that though. And there's an amazing fight scene between Kingpin and Daredevil in the last episode and it is amazing. Watch.

And they even make a very clever plan for him. He pays a lot of people to do what he says like some of the cops, reporter and SWAT and I think that that's a good idea and they even have him trying to win everyone's trust and then try to rebuild the city in his own image but Matt and the others manage to stop him and that's what gets arrested until he's recused by his men and that's what leads to that fight. I would say that the only problem I have with the show is that I think there might be a few too many subplots and they can be complicated and hard to follow like there's this whole thing with Russians and some other stuff and I couldn't understand that all the way through. There's also this thing with some Chinese with Kingpin and I didn't get that either. But aside from that, this show is amazing. So everyone, that was my review of Daredevil season 1. I love this show and I would definitely recommend that you watch it. And I'm really excited to watch season 2 and I really hope it's better than season 1. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below.

No comments:

Post a Comment