Saturday 4 June 2016

My top 10 Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings similarities

One thing I'll always stand by is that I think Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings are a lot alike, and yes, I do still think Harry Potter is the better one out of the two of them, and so here I'm going to do another similarity list of these 2 movie franchises. Though there's one thing to keep in mind here. In this list I'm going to be talking about similarities between everything like characters, items and a few others like that. So, without anything else to say, let's start.
10. Ron, Sam: When I say that these two are alike, I mean the fact that these two are both the best friends to the main character and somewhat a side-kick. And while both can be serious at times, they can also be funny at times as well. And they both do what they should.
9. The Horcruxes, the One Ring: This one really shouldn't come off as any surprise. These things contain the life of the main villain and if they're destroyed, so will the main be. And another thing that's the same with these is the locket Horcrux and the part when it can make the person wearing it seem all mean. Do you know what I mean?
8. The main villains having the title "Dark Lord" in their names: This is another obvious thing. Both Voldemort and Sauron both have the title "Dark Lord" in their names. Lord Voldemort, Lord Sauron. And as well as that, they both seem kinda the same with both of them seeming very threatening and they do both serve their purpose of being awesome villains.
7. Aragog, Shelob: Coming in at number 7 are the two giant spiders from the different film franchises. And both are kinda villains themselves even though Aragog is a little more less of a villain because he does care for Hagrid. But yeah, these two big spiders, I think are the same and that's why they're number 7.
6. The Death Eaters, the Orcs: These two creatures are all servants to the main villain and the fact that when the Death Eaters are wearing their masks, I have a feeling that they're like the Orcs by looking very creepy and very ugly looking. And, again this shouldn't come off as a surprise as I'm sure that you know what I'm at least trying to say.
5. Dementors, Black Riders: It's actually a little hard to explain this one. I think these two creatures are the same because they all have those cloaks on them and you never really see their real faces and they're always sorta after the main character. I don't know, it's like I said, it's kinda hard to explain this one but I think that it's right to put this one here.
4. The Hungarian Horntail, Smaug: Now I know that Smaug was in the Hobbit movies but I thought I should put it in this because I felt that it should. So yeah, while Smaug is easily the better one of the two and is probably the best movie dragon of all time, it's cool to see that dragons exist in both of these worlds and they're threatening and cool. And with them also intending to kill the main character in the movies and also them protecting gold in the movies I think is a big thing to mention about these two's similarities.
3. Dobby, Gollum: I think this one is most obvious because, well firstly, they look the same kinda, and they kinda feel the same. And when I say that, I mean the fact that... well, actually, it's kinda hard to explain that part but that's one thing I think. And of course they're the same because they're both small and motion captured. You know what I mean?
2. Dumbledore, Gandalf: Next up are the two wise wizards who both use magic and fight along side the others against the Dark forces. I would say the biggest similarity between both of them is the grey clothes and the big beards. And the fact that they both seem like very wise people and when they're being serious, you can definitely tell that they're not messing around and that they're being serious about this stuff. And they do seem very supportive of the main character and they do care about their friends. And that's why Dumbledore and Gandalf are at number 2.
And my number 1 similarity between Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings is... The fantasy tone and feel of the movies: I might have said this before, but if I didn't, I always feel that the entire atmosphere around this whole thing between these two movie series are very much the same. I think that that has a like to do with the just the look of them. That's another thing that's hard to explain. You know how movies have certain ways of looking the way they look almost like how you're able to do on a phone when you take a photo and you're able to change the whole look around it? I think that it's just like that. I know that that sound weird but that's the only way I can think of to explain it as best as I can. And that's a huge thing that all the Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings movies have in common. And so everyone, that was my top 10 Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings similarities. Thank-you all for reading and please comment down below.

No comments:

Post a Comment