Saturday 25 June 2016

My top 5 Disney clichés

As you all know, Disney follows a lot of clichés in it's movies. Not all of their movies but a large majority of them do and here I'm counting down the 5 best right now. Since you all know Disney, I mean who doesn't, so you know that there are a lot of different movies where they follow the same tropes with their films and even just with the characters in their films as well. So, let's begin.
5. Helping their other studios: O.K. I know this isn't really a cliché, it's just something I thought I should bring up, mainly because I could think of many things for the number 5 spot. Now, when I say helping their other studios, I'm talking about LUCASFILMS, Marvel and Pixar. Ever since Disney bought both Marvel and LUCASFILMS, us fans knew we were in for something awesome. And we did get something amazing. We saw the greatest comic book movie ever when Disney helped to
make the Avengers, they helped to revitalise Star Wars by helping to make The Force Awakens and Pixar is another something that we all love and Disney is technically the reason it's around and thankfully it did because they also distribute their movies and I' sure we're all grateful for the fact that it helped all those studios and I'm also counting Square Enix because of Kingdom Hearts and if there was no Disney, there'd be no Kingdom Hearts and I have no idea what I would be today without Kingdom Hearts. And thankfully, again, Disney has helped make al those studios something that absolutely everyone adores and I can't express my gratefulness enough.
4. The goofy side-character like an animal: One thing that Disney also does a lot of the time is by having animals talk. You can se that in a lot of their movies and they're mostly just there for some comedy. And a lot of the time it works. Not all the animal side-characters are able to talk but a large amount of them do. And they almost always have some of the best comedy in their movies.
3. The teenaged princess: This is something that some people say and sometimes they don't and here I'm going to be talking about it. The princesses would normally either be something like 16-18 or something close to that. The biggest of these would be Ariel, Rapunzel and Jasmine. And that is definitely something that should be looked at more and it is something that Disney has done quite often in their movies.
2. Wanting to marrying a person you just met: This is actually something that was played on in Frozen where they made fun of this cliché. And that's absolutely right. Disney has had a ton of those times like where the princess meets a prince or something like that and they immediately want to get married. I would say the 3 movies that used this a lot would probably be Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Cinderella and the Little Mermaid. And this kind of thing has been talked about by a lot of people on YouTube I've seen.
And the number 1 biggest Disney cliché is... Princesses: Speaking of princesses, Disney seems to be the biggest film studio to use them considering there's a lot of them. They also seem to be some of Disney's most popular characters in the movies. And yes, in case you're wondering, I am including Kairi on that list of Disney princesses because she is technically a princess and Kingdom Hearts is also technically part Disney and Vise Versa. And there's a ton of princesses to count that they've created. Like these.

And we all know who they are. I mean they are all famous and we know that princesses are a staple of Disney in a lot of movies. And that's why princesses are my pick for the biggest Disney cliché. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below.

No comments:

Post a Comment