Sunday 12 June 2016

Daredevil: Season 2

Daredevil: Season 2 is on Netflix right now and I finished watching it all just earlier yesterday. And yes, I will be talking about spoilers. So if you don't want anything ruined, watch the series yourself then come back and read this. Alright let's start. This season introduced us to the Punisher/Frank Castle, played by Jon Bernthal and another Marvel character, Elektra, played by Elodie Yung. It also explores "The Hand." This group of ninjas who are after something called the "Black Sky." Season 1 was absolutely amazing. It had amazing acting, action, storylines and characters. And, in my opinion, I think tis season is better. Some people might not agree like Chris Stuckmann. But I really prefer this one to the first season. And I think the reason is because of the fact that it has more characters and I always love it whenever comic book movies and shows do that. The introduction to the Punisher is so magnificent. Jon Bernthal is so incredible as this character. He's just like Robert Downey Jr. or Ryan Reynolds that being that he's embodied the character and has been absorbed in the role is the character. He is so emotional and we understand why he does the things that he does. The reason he does do it is because his family was murdered and so that's why he feels that these actions are necessary. In my opinion, the part where he does the best job is in episode 3 where he and Daredevil are talking on a roof and they talk about why Daredevil doesn't kill and why the Punisher does kill. It's like this.

It was so interesting to hear it. Just these two actors talking and doing this was so amazing. I mean it was incredibly fascinating. Now you all know about that amazing hallway fight in season 1. I did no think that they were going to top. But they did in episode 3 with this stairwell fight between Daredevil and these men. And there's this incredible moment just before it start where Daredevil has this gun taped to his hand. He was being forced to possibly kill someone by the Punisher. But he knows there's no bullets left because of the weight in the gun. He clicks it at them, they get scared for a second and then goes "heh-heh," and then takes out a chain and wipes out a few light and then starts to take all of the men out. It was amazing. Yeah, unfortunately I can't show you. The action in this show is being done so right. And the storyline between Matt, Foggy and Karen was really strong here. They all had interesting things to do. Matt was dealing with Elektra being in town and also trying to help them with the Punisher case while also being in a relationship with Karen. Foggy had to get the courage to do the Punisher case without Matt's help and Karen was doing absolutely everything she could to prove to everyone that the Punisher was not bad and that he had a family but a lot of things were constantly throwing her off. They all had a lot of things to do. Let's also talk about Elektra. I really liked her. She wasn't the best character and there were some things in the story with her that were kinda hard for me to understand again. Yeah, there's some more storyline that I couldn't understand and that the one where Elektra and Daredevil were infiltrating somewhere and trying to get something and I didn't entirely understand it. I know that makes me sound like I can never understand anything but I just found it hard to get. But, I wouldn't entirely count that as a flaw. It's just something I thought I should bring up. But aside from that, I really enjoyed Elektra in this. And I also like the ending of the show. She actually dies. Yeah she does. The same way she died in the movie. She got stabbed by someone who was using her Sai. And there's also the twist where it turns out that Elektra herself is the Black Sky and one of the ninjas accidently killed her when he was trying to kill Daredevil. And speaking of Daredevil himself, I love Matt once again. His struggle to maintain this persona while also not being a murderer. As well as the brilliantly fantastic performance by Charlie Cox. I think he's fantastic. He is an amazing Matt Murdock and a fantastic Daredevil. I love the costume too. They made him a new one and it is fantastic. Apparently a lot of people didn't like the costume he got in the last episode of season 1 so they made him a new one and they did it by having the Punisher shoot him in the face and his mask cracks because it isn't strong enough so they make him a brand new costume and it's looks amazing. Look.

That is now one of my favourite comic book superhero costume. He also gets his signature Billy Club at the end that he can use as a grappling hook. Another thing I want to talk about is that, once again, I really want to see them show up in the M.C.U movies. Especially Infinity War. I really wish they do. Another thing they do in this season is that they actually talk about Jessica Jones. Another Marvel hero who has her own show on Netflix that I'll probably watch and if I do, I'll probably review that too. One other spoiler for the show is that at the end of the last episode, Matt shows his Daredevil mask to Karen and so now she knows that he's Daredevil now too.
If you remember, Foggy found out he was Daredevil near the end of Season 1. Another thing I think should be mentioned is the actual trial of the Punisher. I think that it is so sad at the end because they lose because the Punisher says some things. And the worst part is the fact that they were so close to winning but when they lose, you feel like you just want to scream or do something like that because you're so angry because you want them but no. They don't. One last thing that I found confusing was Kingpin's plan. Yeah, he's back and he has a plan that includes the Punisher and what he has planned, I didn't understand. But aside from that, this season is absolutely phenomenal. I don't know what my favourite part is because there are so many great things in it. If you have not seen season 1 or 2 of Daredevil, definitely do. Guys, I love season 2 of Daredevil. Even more than season 1. And do most definitely watch it. It is so worth your time and I can't wait for season 3. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you thought of this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment