Monday 27 June 2016

My top 10 Fairly OddParents episodes

Fairly OddParents is another TV show I grew up on. It's on Nickelodeon same as SpongeBob SquarePants. In fact these two shows once crossed over in a video game one time. Anyway, I was thinking of doing this list for a long time but I thought maybe I shouldn't but then recently I decided I should considering it is a nostalgic show for me. It's about a 10 year old boy named Timmy Turner who has magical Fairy Godparents  named Cosmo and Wanda who can grant him any wish by him just saying it. Cosmo is an idiot and Wanda is more of the serious and smarter one. And Cosmo and Wanda have a son named Poof. And the majority of episodes mainly revolve around him making a wish but then it backfires in some way so he has to find a way to fix it. And I absolutely love it. It's probably one of my favourite TV shows of all time. He has two stupid parents who don't even have names, a mean babysitter named Vicky, two best friends named Chester and AJ, an alien friend named Mark, a person with a crush on him named Tootie, a person who he had a crush on named Trixie, a bully in school named Francis and a crazy teacher named Crocker who wants to prove to the world that Fairy Godparents exist who's also the villain of the show. This show is also hilarious. Maybe one of the funniest in my life. And here I'm going to count down my 10 favourite episodes in the entire show. And yes, there will be part in this. By that I mean episodes with a part 1, 2 or 3. And so, let's begin.
10. Hassle in the Castle: One thing I didn't mention above is that Wanda and Cosmo transform into goldfish and be in fishbowl in Timmy's room sometimes whenever anyone else is around. And they have a castle in it and it's really big inside it and they can go back into their regular fairy forms in it. In this episode Timmy want to go inside it to see what's in there. Cosmo and Wanda don't let him but then he uses a machine from a previous episode to do go in one night. He shrinks down and goes inside. When he's inside, he finds that there's hundreds of doors all over the place and he loves it. Yeah, I won't spoil the whole episodes because I think you should watch them yourselves. I would say that the best part of it in my opinion is the part where Timmy is at the door trying to get in and he manages to get in because of a password. What the password is, again, I won't spoil it. But if you see it, you'll love it. This episode is also weird. And I don't mean regularly weird because this entire show is weird. I mean for the fact that a lot of weird things happen in it like the whole thing with Timmy and Cosmo chasing this person through the castle. Just that one scene should give you a perspective on how bizarre this episode really is. And there's also a lot of other great moments to love in this just from when Timmy is actually in the castle and what he does in it.
9. Just Dessert: After getting fed up with vegetables and other healthy foods, Timmy wishes that everything that anyone eats is just dessert. Within weeks of this, everyone becomes incredibly fat. Easily, my favourite part is the fact that this episode is a fun and it has a dessert factor to it. I don't know why but I find that likable and funny. And it kinda does have a message about always staying healthy too. I guess it affective, but either way it isn't bad. And it is fun. It also has a pretty cool ending. Again, without spoiling anything, something is happening an the world is about to be destroyed, of course, and Timmy has to do a specific something and the way it happens is hilarious. Let's just say, it has something to do with Mark. That scene always makes me laugh.
8. You Doo: From getting beat up by Francis again, Timmy wishes for a Francis You Doo doll after Cosmo shows him an example with a Timmy You Doo doll. Basically, it's whatever happens to the doll, happens to the person it looks like. So, yeah, I think I've seen a premise like this before, but this version of the story might be my favourite. He constantly has fun with the doll that he has Cosmo and Wanda make more of other people in his life. That's genius if you ask me and the whole episode is just genius. And just it's plot about dolls like that is also smart. I really love a story like that.
7. Christmas Every Day: This is the Fairly OddParents' first Christmas episode and man is it a great one. After not wanting Christmas to end, school to open and to spend more time with his parents, Timmy wishes that it was Christmas everyday. At first, it begins to work out and it's fun. But after 3 weeks of it, everyone is sick of it and Timmy tries to turn it back to normal but he can't and the rest of the episode is him trying to figure out how to put everything back to normal while also saving Santa. Firstly, I just want to say, I absolutely love Christmas episodes in cartoons. So with this being one, I love it. I will say the first 10-ish minute of this episode is where it is for me. I was really liking the way everything was playing out, I liked the opening, I liked the song they had in it and overall I think the it was just well executed. I will also say that the last 10 minutes is some of the funniest things in the show with Timmy trying to get to the North Pole. Watch it and you'll know what I mean. And to sum it up, it's just a really fun episode.
6. Power Mad: Realising that his video game is too childish, Timmy wishes for a virtual reality helmet game that allows you to actually go inside the game and it's harder than before. But when Chester and AJ go inside, Timmy goes in after them to stop them from destroyed and disappear forever. So you all know I'm a big gamer guy so watching this episode, I just really have a lot of fun with it. There's even a great part in it when Cosmo and Wanda are trying to distract Vicky from turning on any more power. And one thing they try to do is to be in the TV and doing a lot of fake shows and what they do in these shows is incredible. And it's made even more entertaining by Cosmo's stupidity. And it's also fun to watch Timmy, AJ and Chester being inside the and the levels inside it are creative and what they do to get out of them I both funny and entertaining. And there's a great ending where Timmy messes with Vicky.
5. Information StuporHighway: While trying to invite Trixie to the dance, Timmy's parents write a threat in it and some stuff Timmy doesn't like and sends it. Timmy wishes himself into the internet to try to get it back. In the internet, there's a lot of fun things going on while Timmy's inside it. And it even has him going inside other people's computers and I love it. Definitely the funniest part is when he's inside Crocker's computer and he's seeing what's going on in Crocker's room. And the whole thing inside the internet itself is interesting and creative from how it looks. And there's an incredibly hilarious ending where Timmy manages to humiliate Crocker on the internet. While in it as well, Timmy also manages to go all over the world and it's cool and funny. And there's another great scene where Timmy is in a few people's computer and accidently manages to mess up with a few things. Even the parents get some funny scenes. I'm not just talking about Timmy's mom and dad, I'm also talking about Trixie's dad and AJ's mom when they all do the same thing. Watch the episode and you'll get it too. And overall, it's a very creative and interesting story.
4. Parents Hoods: After two criminals named the Souvenir Bandits, who look exactly like Timmy's parents, are loose while Timmy and his family are heading for a holiday to Niagara Falls in an RV, the police mistake his parents for them while the rally bandits steal their RV with Timmy still inside it. So it's up to Timmy to help his parents and get the bandits in jail. One of the best things in this is Cosmo and his stupidity and how he manages to be stupid and still funny. Same as Patrick form SpongeBob. And there's this thing that the bandits are trying to steal and it's fun to watch them going through the place to get it. And following that is a really great chase scene between them and Timmy, Wanda and Cosmo. And it's just a great time to watch and it's something you're never board with while watching. I can't think of a single boring moment in this entire episode and he whole journey part of it in the RV is probably the best part and it leads to the scene in a museum. I mostly just think that this is a great episode.
3. Nega Timmy: For a long time, this was my favourite episode until recently. But even though it isn't anymore, it is still a great episode. After his parents become more bossy to him, Timmy wishes to do the exact opposite of what they say. And one day when his dad tells him to be good at school he begins to turn evil. So, just saying it out there. My favourite part is the whole actual Nega Timmy part where he looks different and he gets a new redesign because of it. He's also really funny at time and he's very entertaining and fun and the voice he has is also cool and very hissy. And his plan is pretty smart too. In my opinion, the funniest part is when he begins to beat Crocker up and throws him out of the school. That was really funny. It's also a very fun episode in that regard too. To see all this happen and even just to see Timmy go evil for once is also a ton of fun.
2. The Wishology Trilogy: This 3 parter special is one of the most nostalgic things in this show in my opinion. I remember absolutely loving it when I was younger and I remember watching it over and over. The story is that there's thing big cloud like thing called the Darkness and it's out to kill Timmy and the only way to defeat it is by finding some special wand and firing some magic at it. The first part was the full thing. Beginning and ending. The second part ends with a cliff-hanger and the third part ends it all. I just love it. The Darkness also has these robots called Eliminators. And it's just a really well executed and really well thought out special. There's also this other guy named Turbo Thunder who looks a lot like Timmy and at one or two times he can get a tad bit annoying but for the majority of it, he's pretty funny. There's also this Star Wars theme to it in the second part and that was funny. There's actually this other character named Dark Laser who's been a character in other episodes and he's obviously supposed to be like Darth Vader. And he wants to destroy Timmy for stopping his plans on multiple occasions. But in here, they team up. And the scene in the Bar is funny and familiar too. It's supposed to be like the Mos Eisley Canteen from Star Wars. They even use Lightsabers. And it's just amazing the way this story is presented and it gets you sucked it wanting to see more and more. I can't explain it anymore than that. I just think that the Wishology Trilogy is a great instalment to Fairly OddParents and I will never get sick of it.
Honourable Mentions: Yeah, this isn't something I've done before but I decided I should do it here. I'm going to go through some honourable mentions that didn't make it to the list but are still great nonetheless.
Super Bike: After Timmy wishes for a cool new bike, it turns evil so he needs to stop it. It's funny, creative and even touching at parts.
Sleep Over and Over: During a fight between AJ and Chester, Timmy is forced to choose who he likes better between the two of them at sleepovers and he tries to get them back together. It's not the most original but it's still fun, funny and Cosmo steals the episode with his constant attempts at trying to make friends with animals.
Timmy's 2-D House of Horror: When a storm destroys Vicky's family's house and they move in with him and his parents, Timmy does his best to get rid of them. It may seem a bit slow at the beginning, but it picks up and it manages to have an awesome and hilarious ending.
The Fairy Baby: This is Poof's first episode when he's born and everyone is after him. Bringing in Poof was genius. He's probably my favourite character and I love seeing how the episode progressed and they all get payback at the villains of the episode, the Anti Fairies and the Pixies.
Talkin' Trash: This episode introduces Big Daddy. Wanda's dad after something called Sticky Magic begins to come into Timmy's house. It's creative, funny and it actually has a small twist at the end as they're doing it.
And my number 1 favourite Fairly OddParents episode is... Hex Games: Yes, the episode Hex Games. In this episode, Vicky is at the skateboard park and says that you now have to be 16 to go there. Timmy challenges her to a contest for the title of king of the park. She takes it but when Timmy realises he can't use magic to win, he ends up trying to learn how to skate by himself to win. On the surface, this story doesn't sound like much. But on the other hand, it's great from just how many things happen in it. My favourite part in it is the actual contest itself. They have to go down three dangerous ramps and Timmy has to do a special trick to win and the whole thing itself is pretty cool. The stuff in it is funny, cool, creative, it's looks nice, it has a good twist and it's a good feeling to see Vicky get her comeuppance again. And how she does is so convenient but funny too and they manage to rope Francis into it as well and they both get defeated and that's good to see. And finally. the last thing I want to mention that's good is at the end when they explain to Vicky on how she lost. And so everyone, those were my top 10 favourite Fairly OddParents episodes. Thank you all for reading and if you like this show, please comment down below and tell me what you're favourite episode is.

No comments:

Post a Comment