Wednesday 21 September 2016

Bambi

Now let's talk about Walt Disney's personal favourite movie he had made, Bambi. And I can't talk about this movie without showing this scene.
There's no point in not discussing this scene. I mean, it most likely traumatised a lot of people back when this was really in 1942. But is that the only thing to like in this movie? No, absolutely not. This movie has a ton of things to like. Not only is the art, animation and painting in this movie absolutely incredible, but it's also just a really interesting, likeable and kinda character driven movie. There's not even a real plot in this movie. The story is basically the life of one deer. And for some reason, that's really plenty. This is enough. And it's really interesting to see how Bambi goes through life and learns all these lessons. Especially with his dad. His father is almost never around whenever he's a kid and when he is, Bambi's kind of afraid of him. And that whole scene with his mother's death is so powerful because before that we could see that there was such a strong and genuine connection between her and Bambi. And it's nice to see all these characters. Bambi, Thumper, Flower, his dad, Faline. They're all great to follow. Although, I kinda prefer them in the sequel. Yeah, recently when I rewatched the sequel, and I liked it a lot more. I even changed some things in my ranking of 22 Disney sequels. I put Bambi 2 closer to number 1. I didn't put it as number 1 but I put it closer. I enjoyed it a lot, lot more after rewatching it again last weekend. I also really prefer Bambi himself a lot more in the sequel because he talks more and he does more stuff that I like and I like the voice actor they got for him there. In fact, I even recently redid my painting of Bambi in my Disney Classics character paintings because the one I did before looked absolutely nothing like him. Here it is if you want to see it.

But here he's still likeable. Just a wide-eyed, curious and innocent like kid. And it's also a really intense movie. I'm not just talking about the whole thing with his mother, but also what happens when Bambi becomes an adult. I also like the ending where we actually see Bambi become a father and see him actually be the way the way he is at the end. It's really satisfying. There's also a lot of violence than you'd think. In fact, the villain in this is Man, and you never see him but you can definitely feel the threat he causes to everyone. It's enough to be intimidated. And all on all, this is another really great Disney, I think I might actually like the sequel better but this is still a really impressive movie. And, while it isn't one of my favourites and I think there are other Disney Classics better, this is still a great way to pass time. Definitely check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment