Thursday 1 September 2016

My top 10 Phineas and Ferb episodes

Phineas and Ferb is yet another TV show I really, really like. I've liked it a lot for years. It's a Disney Channel show that's about 2 boys named Phineas...
A picture of a red-haired boy, with a white and orange striped shirt with blue cargo shorts, a pair of blue trainers with white laces, that has a triangular face and it is sideways including a circular ear, who has black eyes with a white dot.
...and Ferb...
A cartoon drawing of a young, british boy with green hair. He has a long, rectangular head with a squared nose and egg-like eyes. He is wearing a collared shirt with purple pants that go up well above his waist. One arm is up in the air, with his index finger up, and the other is to his side. His pants are cuffed and he is wearing black and white converses.
...and they're on Summer vacation and every single episode is about them building some huge thing to have fun and their sister named Candace is always trying to bust them with their mom. Phineas and Ferb also have 4 main friends. Buford, Baljeet, Isabella, who has a crush on Phineas, and a guy named Irvin who sometimes shows up in episodes and sometimes doesn't. I think he was introduced around the middle of the series. Phineas and Ferb themselves are very happy, optimistic and likable people who are very curious. I would say out of every character, Phineas is probably my favourite. Candace also has a boyfriend named Jeremy. They also have a pet Platypus named Perry who's secretly an agent who always stops a scientist named Doofenshmirtz who is a very entertaining and is very funny. He always makes machines and has the word "inator" at the end of each machine, which I find to be small bit annoying at small parts but it is mostly really funny. I would say it only annoyed me once or twice. Also every episode has some song in it. And this is what the characters all look like.
 
In fact, this show actually finished last year. And I like that. I mean, I like those shows that have really good and really satisfying conclusions like that. So, let's get started.
10. Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars: With Star Wars being owned by Disney, this episode uses that and takes the plot of episode IV and adds the Phineas and Ferb characters and makes some changes and it's really cool and funny to see that they do the same thing that Family Guy did with that Blue Harvest episode and they do it differently and it still manages to be it's own thing. And it's cool to see the Phineas and Ferb characters do stuff like use lightsabers and other Star Wars stuff. And it's fun to watch the whole Mos Eisley Cantina scene be redone in a Phineas and Ferb way and I think it's great how Ferb actually turns into Darth Maul. And it's incredibly funny how Doofenshmirtz is supposed to be like Darth Vader. That is some really good stuff. And it's just a very well executed episode on it's own.
9. Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel: This is actually an episode that takes advantage of the fact that Marvel is owned by Disney so they have some heroes from Marvel actually come in and we see some villains as well. That is both hilarious and cool. The fact that actual Marvel heroes are coming in and interacting with all these characters is amazing and beyond hilarious. And seeing the villains being given funny stuff is great and it's funny to see them team up with Doofenshmirtz. And I like how the main characters already know who these heroes are so when they say that thing at the beginning when they show up, it's great. And do I even need to talk about the ending? If you've seen the episode, you know what happened and how funny and somehow cool it was. And I love the simple fact that Marvel characters, I repeat, Marvel characters like Spider-Man, Iron Man, Thor and Hulk just show up. That is incredible and cool to see and it's really unbelievable and funny.
8. Rollercoaster: The first episode in the whole show. This episode clearly explains what's going to be in the whole show. It shows what Phineas and Ferb can do and it shows Candace's goal to bust them and I also like Doofenshmirtz's first plan. It's pretty creative while also being funny. And it's pretty simple which is good considering if it's the first episode of a series, it should be like that.
7. Jerk De Soleil: After the circus in Danville is cancelled Phineas and Ferb put on their own huge circus and try to include Perry in it while he's already busy trying to stop Doofenshmirtz. So before I say anything else, I will say that the best part is how Candace is beginning to get an allergic reaction to something but something happens that causes her to go along with the circus and coming back looking all beat up. That is funny and it's also funny visually and how it's because of a canon she goes off and I like how there's this kinda clichéd gag thing where in the circus, Phineas and Ferb are making this huge human stand thing and they keep showing up even after the frame just cut from them. That's both questionable and funny at the same time.
6. Lights, Candace, Action: After Candace gets a part in a movie, she doesn't realise that Phineas and Ferb are the directors. I would say the best part is probably when they're doing the filming of the movie and Candace is getting hurt in all sorts of different ways. That is great stuff. They know how to do this stuff to make us laugh. And I find it really amazing that they managed to do tat thing at the end where they actually take Candace's actual voice actress and add her for a second to the episode for a second. That kinda baffled me for a few seconds. But if there's 1 thing the writers of this show have done a lot, it's that they know how to do weird and random comedy to keep us entertained and humoured. And this episode is a prime example of that. It's funny, random and it's a lot of fun with it's slapstick.
5. Raging Bully: Buford challenges Phineas to a match after he accidently humiliates him. I will say that this is definitely a different kind of episode than the others. And by that I'm talking about how Buford has never done anything like this before. I mean he's always been portrayed as a bully but this isn't what he normally does. But I'm not saying that's a bad thing. I especially like the actual match. It turns out he just challenged him to a thumb war fight. And what happens there and who they got to help Phineas train was really good and he has a lot of funny scenes too. Even Perry's side story with Doofenshmirtz  is one of the better ones in the show in my opinion because every episode has a side story with him dealing with Doofenshmirtz and this one is one of the better ones in my opinion. And I think it's super funny when Candace sees when the stadium they built is gone and what she does always makes me laugh. And that's why Raging Bully is at number 5.
4. Elementary My Dear Stacy: While in London, Phineas and Ferb plan something and Candace and Stacy, who's Candace's best friend, go in like Sherlock Holmes to see what they're doing and to bust them. Just the fact that this is like Sherlock Holmes should be a good enough reason to put it on here but I mainly like this episode for how invested you get. I mean I like the scenes where Candace and Stacy are doing this like a case. Especially the part when they're in front of that building and they're realising what that thing in that notebook says. And what Phineas and Ferb are doing is really cool. It's seems creative and pretty fun. And I especially like what Perry is doing with that new agent who I'm pretty sure is supposed to be like James Bond or something. And how Candace fails again is pretty funny too.
3. One Good Scare Ought to Do It: After Isabella has hiccups, Phineas and Ferb build a haunted house to scare them out of her. This was actually one of the first episodes I ever watched in this whole show and I liked it even back then. I really like the Haunted House scene and what's inside it. It's both creative and funny. And Candace is going to Jeremy's house and there we first meet his little sister named Suzie who actually hates Candace. And I like what she does to her. I mean she just tortures her until she leaves and then in the haunted house we actually see that Buford has actually dressed up as Suzie because she scares him. If you don't laugh at that, I don't know what to tell ya. And what we see in the house is pretty cool. Especially that random giant floating baby head. Even at the end of the episode, Phineas' last line is him asking where did that come from. And it's also funny how Jeremy thinks she's so sweet but she's actually evil. That reminds me a lot of Megan in Drake & Josh. And I just like this entire episode as a whole and I really like to watch it.
2. It's About Time: During a visit to the museum, Phineas and Ferb rebuild a time machine and the 2 of them and Candace accidently get sent back in time to the Dinosaur age and the time machine gets destroyed by a T-Rex. So I will say that the best part of this for me is the part when they're in the jungle running from it or when Isabella and the other Fireside Girls are trying to build the time machine again and they arrive and something happens that gets them back to the present again. If you like this show and you've seen this episode, you should know what I mean. And it's kinda hard to explain but I really like just rewatching this episode over and over. I think it's just a really fun episode.
Honourable Mentions:
Flop Starz,
Phineas' Birthday Clip-O-Rama,
The Beak,
X-Ray Vision Glasses,
The Lake Nose Monster,
Comet Kermillian
And my number 1 favourite Phineas and Ferb episode is... Phineas and Ferb: Summer Belongs to You: This is one of the longest episodes in the whole show. After Phineas makes a bet with Buford that he'd be able to get around the entire world within a day to have the longest day of Summer ever. So before I get to the other good stuff, I will say that this episode is very cool by going everywhere. I mean it goes all over the world and it's great that way. And the other good things are all the things they do in these place, especially Paris. In case I didn't say, Isabella has a crush on Phineas and she's trying to get him to notice her. It's kinda funny. And what I really, really like about it is something that happens when they're on a deserted Island. I'm not kidding when I say this, they literally reference SpongeBob. I'm serious. At one point Phineas is trying to find something to help them and this happens. Watch.
And I epically love the ending with that song. This is probably my favourite song in the whole show. Listen.
And overall, this is just a great episode and I love to watch it. And so everyone, those are my top 10 favourite Phineas and Ferb episodes. Thank you all for reading and if you like this show, please comment and tell me what your favourite episode is.

No comments:

Post a Comment