Sunday 11 September 2016

Kingdom Hearts: Union X part 1

Kingdom Hearts: Union X. If you recall, Kingdom Hearts is my favourite video game franchise of all time and my favourite thing of all time. This game is actually an iPhone game you an download and I did a few months ago. And actually, you pronounce the title like Kingdom Hearts: Union "Key." They just use an X instead of key because of what happened in Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep. Anyway, here, I'm going to review Union X. Note though I haven't finished this game yet because this game isn't technically done yet. They're still making it and making new levels but you can still play the levels they've made so far and that 450 levels. That's why I said part 1. When it's done, I'll make a part 2 for the full thing. And this is a game that I once again love. In this game you actually create a special avatar and when you do, you go into these levels that are actually the story. The story is about your character being in this part of the franchise and you're in Daybreak Town where The Ancient Keyblade Masters. I think this is when Sora, Riku and Kairi are still just small kids. Especially given how the very first thing we see in the game is Kairi's Grandma telling her the story of the worlds again. And what I have to say about this game first is that it's very fun. This is a very fun game. I actually made my avatar look like Sora and I even called him Sora. And you're basically just going around worlds defeating Heartless. I know that sounds like pretty much every other Kingdom Hearts game before this but this game does something different. In every level, you're trying to find a Heartless that the menu tells you to find and when you defeat it, you have the choice to either move to the next level or redo levels you've already done. And there's these 3 things in every level when it's almost like mini tasks on every level you can either do or not do while your playing. The first one is always just defeat the enemy on 1 turn. The rest is random. And also, you use medals to attack Heartless. You can get medals and attack that way or use the powers each one possesses. Kinda like the cards in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. And you're only allowed 5 medals to equip and each level gives you 1 extra medal you can borrow from someone from your party because you can go onto something on the game and join a party from something and meet other people who also play the game and their avatar joins your party. There's also this thing where every single day, you can get a prize like jewels. You use jewels to get new medals or you can you can use them to revive yourself as you die. You're also able to level up your medals to make them stronger and get more power. And as you do levels, random Raid Heartless Bosses from previous Kingdom Hearts games show up and it's a lot of fun to fight them because they help you level up faster. In fact, this game does something other Kingdom Hearts games haven't and that is that you can go past the 100 level up. In fact my level up is 209 and you can go even higher. You're also able to interact with the people in your party by clicking the speech bubble in the main menu. There's also certain bosses in the Disney worlds like in the other games. You can fight Hades in Olympus Coliseum with Hercules's help, and I'm sure there's more. I will say though, I think there are some things that are kinda complicated. Especially with whatever is happening with the Keyblade masters and there's this other guy in the story that you meet who says he's your friend and he may or may not be evil. I don't know but something's is kinda complicated about it. But taking that away, the fighting in this is really fun. You just tap the screen to attack or swipe to attack all enemies. You can also pick up items in every level and with those items, you can make your Keyblade stronger and change it's appearance, which is really cool to me. There are also these avatar boards where you can level up your AP and HP and increase the medal cost on your Keyblade to put stronger medals on it, though, again, you can only put in 5 medals. There's another option to go into the Coliseum and do these games by defeating Heartless. You're also able to fight Cloud there from Final Fantasy and you all know that Final Fantasy in in every Kingdom Hearts game and you see other Final Fantasy characters in the other Kingdom Hearts games like Leon, Yuffie, Aerith, Cid and Auron and others. Especially Sephiroth who you can fight as an optional boss in the other games. And there are these events where you can get medals and find Raid Bosses easier. You're also able to do Special levels to get level up medals for other medals to make them stronger and the materials for Keyblade and you can get munny as well and do more of those challenges for the avatar coins to do those small HP and AP and Cost level ups. This is all really fun. In my opinion this is a fantastic game and I cannot believe how invested I'm getting in this game and the story. I love it like every other Kingdom Hearts game and I can't wait for the rest of it to come out. And everyone that's my review of Kingdom Hearts: Union X. Thank you all for reading and if you're a huge Kingdom Hearts fan like me and you wan to play it, I would recommend that you download it and play it. Please comment down below and before I finish, I just want to say a small note. My next entry will actually be my 400th entry and I'm actually going to be do a review of something I really want to do and I just want to say thank you all for reading and looking at all these entries I've been doing and I've been able to write 100 entries since my Captain America: Civil War review and I just want to say thank you all and I'm really excited to be writing my next entry and it'll be my 400th one like I just said. And please comment and thank you all again.

No comments:

Post a Comment