Monday 26 September 2016

The Wild

My guess is you've never heard of the Wild. And it isn't hard to see why. It wasn't a financial success or a critical success, so it disappeared really fast and not much of anyone remembers it or even talks about it much. In fact, this is the lowest rated Disney Classic on Rotten Tomatoes But, to be honest, I don't entirely get it. There are dumb moments and really bad jokes in this but on the other hand, this movie has some pretty good and funny stuff in it. It also has a pretty good story. What's the story? It's about a lion in a zoo named Samson and his cub named Ryan. Also in the zoo are Samson's friends. A squirrel named Benny, a  koala named Nigel, a giraffe named Bridget and a snake named Larry. But Ryan is feeling jealous because he's always hearing stories about how brave his father once was and wants to be like him. So he stows away on a truck that's being taken away but then changes his mind. The truck leaves and so Samson and his friends go out to find him. So, yeah, not the most unique story but I like the characters in this that move it forward. They don't always get a laugh but they do at times. And while there are a lot of lame and stupid lines here, there's also some funny and creative ones. And what I find weird is how kinda similar this movie is to Madagascar. Have you ever noticed that if you've seen these two movies? The only difference is that this came out in 2006 and Madagascar came out in 2005. It also has a pretty entertaining villain. The villain is this wilder beast they meet inside a volcano. Him and his servants have this funny thought that a teddy koala that fell from a plane to them is god. I also think the animation is pretty cool. Not the best Disney has ever done but still, it almost kinda looks real-ish. There's also these really entertaining crocodiles they meet in the sewer and they're pretty funny. And the movie, as really dumb as it can get, does kinda keep you guessing. You surprisingly kinda find yourself interested. Or at least I did. So yeah, there are a lot of flaws, but if I didn't watch those parts, I never would have seen these good jokes, or these likable characters. For all the bad stuff, the good stuff made me really glad I saw it. And I may even watch it a few more times again. I mean, the jokes in this are far better than the ones in Home on the Range or Chicken Little. It's kinda hard to explain, but in my opinion, I think you should watch it. I already have it on DVD like the other 53 Disney Classics. For me, I would recommend it. Even if you don't like it, you'll at least laugh at a couple of the jokes. For me, I'm glad I saw it and you should too in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment