Sunday 4 September 2016

My top 10 other comic book action scenes

So 4 months ago I made a list of my top 10 comic book movie action scenes and I enjoyed making that list and now I'm making a new one because there's so many other scenes I want to add and so I'm making this new one of my other favourite action scenes. And also, I haven't included "movie" because I'll also be talking about shows as well like the Netflix shows. I hope you all agree with me and so, let's start.
10. The 12 bullet scene (Deadpool):
Now, when I heard Deadpool was going to be rated R, I was kinda wondering on how rated R would it be and this scene perfectly embodies that. And it's perfect for this character. I mean he's flipping around doing all these moves and shooting grenades in people's hands and we get that awesome 3 head with 1 bullet shot at the end. The music helps it and it's perfect and this is exactly what Deadpool should be and I hope they do something like this in Deadpool 2.
9. Iron Man vs. Iron Monger (Iron Man):
Back in 2008, no one had really seen this kinda fight before in any comic book movie so at the time it was really cool and it still holds up today. The visuals on both the suits are awesome and there's a lot of cool moments. I also like all the moves that are made. My favourite part is when their either on the road or when they're on the top of Stark Industries and Pepper manages to blast the roof and Obadiah's death is also really cool by just falling into the arc reactor.
8. Iron Man vs. Terrorists (Iron Man):
I don't know, there really isn't much to say here except that it's super cool. Like this is the perfect definition of awesome in my opinion. It's exactly what you want to see Iron Man do. Just kicking all these terrorist's butts. And unlike other superheroes, Tony didn't make any resolution to not kill people so he just murders these guys. Hits them hard against walls, shoots them with repulsors, blows them up with some missiles, shoots tiny missles from his shoulders into their heads, you name it. And thankfully it's not Batman so it doesn't matter if he does kill people. It's also just really cool to see the real Iron Man armour in action for the first time and in my opinion, the first red and gold one from the first Iron Man movie is the best one we've seen so far. Which is really saying something but I think it's the most comic accurate suit we've seen yet and every suit we've seen him use have all been awesome but the first red and gold one is my favourite. Just an awesome scene in an awesome movie.
7. Hallway fight (Daredevil: Season 1):
Back when this came out last year, no one was really expecting this kind of scene to happen and it just blew everyone's mind. The fact that the people behind the scenes thought of this awesome scene and the idea to make it all 1 shot. And even without that 1 shot, it's still really well choreographed and put together and I love it.
6. The Quicksilver scene (X-Men: Apocalypse):
Now, yes, I know the scene from Days of Future Past was the first and because of that scene we got this version but I feel that this is far better. It's on a bigger scale, the visuals are tremendous, it's even funnier, it's set to another great song and there's more to do with get all the students and that dog out of the school. And what the crew of the movie went through to make this scene work effects wise is really incredible. It also was nice to have a very funny and comedic scene in the middle of a really serious scene to mix up the tones a little.
5. Hulkbuster vs. Hulk (Avengers: Age of Ultron):
I can easily say that the Hulkbuster fight is one of the best comic book action scenes of all time. This was one of the biggest fight Marvel was building up for years and when we saw it, it didn't disappoint. The visuals are amazing, it's funny, the moves are awesome and it has Tony save innocent people even if they are doing mass destruction which is exactly what superheroes should do.
4. The car chase (The Dark Knight):
Now this is probably the best "made" action scene here. As far everything that's put in it. And yet, it's also one of the best comic book action scenes ever. While a lot of people don't really enjoy Christopher Nolan's action directing, this scene is pretty much perfect all the way through. There's a lot of great moments, it's very memorable and it's amazingly incredible how this is all real. I mean everything you see in this scene is real and it's really happening and there's not a single bit of C.G.I or green screen. And it's totally worth seeing over and over.
3. Stairwell fight (Daredevil: Season 2):
A lot of fans of the Daredevil TV show, including myself, all loved that first 1 shot hallway fight from Season 1 and we all thought it couldn't be outdone. But fortunately, episode 3 in Season 2 blew it out of the water. Just this entire scene is incredible and it's really well choreographed and really brutal. Especially that part where Daredevil wraps the chain around that 1 guy's neck and pulls him down another flight of stairs. And it's plainly just an awesome and great scene and I hope Season 3 does the same thing as well and hopefully that'll be the best one we'll ever see.
2. Daredevil vs. Kingpin (Daredevil: Season 1):
You've all already seen my review of Daredevil: Season 1. And so you all know what I think of this fight. I overall think that this is a great fight. There's no C.G.I, just 2 men actually doing these moves and fighting each other and I think it's the best fight on the shows so far. It's also cool because this is the big fight the whole show was building to and so when we actually see it, it's awesome. It's also the first time we see Daredevil in his red costume which I personally think is really cool. A lot of people didn't like this version and that's why they made a new one for him and while that suit is better and really cool, I think this one also great and it's great to see Daredevil use it in action for the first time. And it  all leads to a fantastic fight scene in my opinion.
Honourable mentions:
Spider-Man vs. Green Goblin final fight (Spider-Man),
Blade vs. Frost (Blade),
Dockyard fight (Iron Man 3),
Thor vs. Loki (Thor),
Rorschach and Nite Owl vs. Ozymandias (Watchmen),
Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman vs. Doomsday (Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice),
Ant-Man vs. Yellowjacket (Ant-Man)
And my number 1 favourite other comic book action scene is... The Warehouse fight (Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice):
Yes, the warehouse fight from Batman V Superman is at number 1 because it clearly understands Batman action perfectly. It's clearly obvious that this fight is taking inspiration from the Batman Arkham games because he does a lot of the same moves by flipping guys around and tossing them and jumping over them and throwing them and it's cool to see that part where he just grabs the crate and then swung it over his head to hit the other guy. And it's just really cool to see Batman actually do some actual Batman action. I mean this movie pretty much just understands Batman action better than any other Batman in film before, even if he does kill people, which is still a problem, but that doesn't take away the fact that this is truly an awesome scene and one of the best with Batman doing everything he can to beat up these guys. And everyone, those are my top 10 other favourite action scenes from comic book media. Thank you all for reading and please comment to tell me what your favourite is.

No comments:

Post a Comment