Thursday 22 September 2016

The Sword in the Stone

So before I say anything about the movie, I just want to bring something up. Today I've gotten a new laptop and my dad and I put all my old stuff onto it so expect there to be a bit more posts  to come up because with my old one I was having some trouble with my blog on my old one so now that I've gotten a new one, it's going to be a lot more easy to write. So let's continue the Disney Classics I never reviewed before with no. 18, the Sword in the Stone. And, in case I didn't bring it up before, the reason I didn't do these before is because I never saw these at the time I did those other reviews two years ago. The other Disney Classic reviews I'm going to do after this are going to be the Rescuers, Oliver & Company, the Rescuers: Down Under, Fantasia 2000, Home on the Range, Chicken Little, the Wild and Meet the Robinsons. So let's continue with the Sword in the Stone. This is one of the very few Disney Classics that actually gives you education. What do I mean by that? Well, let's look at the story first. What's the story? It's about a boy named Arthur who's a servant to a king and his two stupid sons who are mean to him. But one day Arthur meets an old wizard named Merlin. And the majority of the movie is Merlin teaching Arthur a whole bunch of things of being a good king as well as teaching him other things. And that's really the majority of the movie. So I guess the main positive is that these are very memorable characters. Especially Arthur, Merlin and Merlin's owl. Especially given how Merlin is the only character in this who actually was in Kingdom Hearts. And I liked him a lot there too. And I like how they dive into all of this and the dive into the education of learning to be a good king. And the whole transformation scenes are a lot of fun. But that's kinda the problem. That's exactly what this movie is. It's education and learning things. It's kinda like an actual teacher talking to you but here it's Merlin and the owl. I guess that is kinda cool but that isn't exactly what you want in a Disney movie. I guess it's kinda cool but nothing really exciting until the end when we get the villain of the movie, Mad Madam Mim. And she's a lot of fun too. And that whole wizard's duel scene. That is awesome. Watch this.
It's easily the best part of the movie. But besides that, not much is really spectacular except these characters and the very, very end with Arthur finally getting some respect. It's isn't awful by any means and you can still watch it if you ever have the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment