Sunday 25 September 2016

Chicken Little

Chicken Little was Disney first completely C.G.I animated Classic. And what I find ironic is that this is actually Classic No. 45. Do you find that odd? The first completely C.G.I animated Disney Classic is number 45. Do ya get what I mean? Anyway, this came out in 2005 and I actually remember going to see this with my sister. I was only 6 years old and I remember enjoying it. But now that I'm older, I totally see the many problems with this movie. O.K. First, what's the story? Well, following the original Chicken Little story, sorta, it has a small chicken named Chicken Little who believes that the sky is falling when he thinks it falls on his head. But everyone thinks it's an acorn that hit him which embarrasses his dad and now he wants to distance himself from him. Chicken Little tries to win back everyone. The only ones who like him are his friends. Abby, Runt and Fish. Chicken Little decides that he's going to join baseball to try to win back the respect of everyone. He eventually manages to win a game and everyone loves him. But one night later it seems he was right. Something from the sky that looks like a piece of the sky falls and hits him. He realises that it's some kind of panel and shows his friends. Fish is then taken away by the sky thing and they chase him. And I won't say the rest because I don't really want to. So I guess one of the only few good things in this is that it's not painful to watch like with Home on the Range. This is a kinda survivable movie. There also can be some entertaining parts and one or two jokes do kinda hit. And that's all the good. Now the bad. First off, the characters here aren't very good. The main four are kinda entertaining but the rest are either a total jerk or are just plain out unlikeable. Especially Chicken Little's dad. At the end you do kinda like him. But for the majority, you don't all that much. He has a few moments throughout but he doesn't seem like a likeable guy. Especially given what he says to his son. He is so hard on him when he doesn't believe him. Same for the others. And the ending is really weird to me. I guess it's kinda cool visually, but I don't think it's that great. Also the whole romance thing with Chicken Little and Abby is really odd and weird as well. I don't think I'm giving anything away by saying that. But it's something I thought I should bring up. Also the animation in this is kinda weird looking. I guess it's makes sense considering this is Disney's first C.G.I animated movie. But it just looks odd to me. So in the end, Chicken Little isn't that good. There are some fun scenes but the jokes aren't really funny, there's too much mean-spirited stuff and the premise isn't very entertaining. Overall, I'd most likely just skip it.

No comments:

Post a Comment