Sunday 18 September 2016

The future for the Disney live action remakes

So far Disney has been making a lot of remakes of their Disney Classics. So far they've made Alice in Wonderland, Maleficent, Cinderella and the live action Jungle Book movie that came out this year. So I'm going to be talking about all those as well as the ones they will be making in the future. So let's begin. With Alice in Wonderland, I only first saw it either last year or this year. I can't remember but either way I saw it. And while there were a couple of good things in it, it really wasn't that good of a film. There were a lot of stupid things in it, a lot of the choices didn't make a lot of sense and they never made the characters in Wonderland crazy which is what they're supposed to be. Now let's move onto my least favourite movie of all time, Maleficent. I honestly don't know what to say here that I haven't said before. I absolutely hate this movie and it's still my least favourite movie ever. I have no idea what they were thinking when they were making this by making Maleficent the good guy. That is by far the dumbest thing in this. To be honest, I really don't want to talk about this anymore. Just know that I absolutely despise this movie. Now onto Cinderella. As far as I know, this did get good reviews from critics but I do also know that this had some mixed thoughts from YouTube critics. I haven't seen this yet but I do know that. The reason I haven't seen this yet is because I'm not all that interested. But now let's go onto the most recent and probably the best one, the Jungle Book. I only saw this a few weeks ago. This is probably the only one that everyone absolutely loved. And what did I think of it? I thought it was good, but I didn't exactly love it. Don't get me wrong. I had a fun time with it and I'd be happy to see it again but I just didn't love it. O.K. Let's go over positives. Firstly, the visuals are absolutely amazing. Everything you see in this movie is C.G.I. The only real thing you're seeing is Neel Sethi as Mowgli, who did a fantastic job. Especially seeing how this is first movie and he's acting again nothing but a puppet on a blue screen. The rest of the cast is also great. Bill Murray as Baloo, Ben Kingsley as Bagheera, Idris Elba as Shere Khan, Lupita Nyong'o as the mother wolf, Scarlett Johansson as Kaa, which is kinda weird, Christopher Walken as King Louie. They all do a great job. And they're voice acting these characters. And Jon Favreau is a fantastic director and he did a great job with this. There are some flaws in this I can think of. But overall I think this is a really good movie. I didn't love it but it is still really good. Now to talk about the ones that will be coming out in the future. So the Jungle Book is actually what's starting all of these and so the first one is the Beauty and the Beast movie that'll be coming out next year. It'll have Emma Watson in it as Belle. And I guess it'll be fine. I don't entirely know what to think of it but I'm not saying it'll be a bomb, I just don't know what to think of it. The other movies that's be getting remakes are Aladdin, the Sword in the Stone, Mulan, Pinocchio, Winnie the Pooh and Dumbo. I actually do faith in some of these like Aladdin, Pinocchio and maybe Mulan. The rest I think don't make a whole lot of sense like the Winnie the Pooh one and the Dumbo one. But anyway, I guess I'll be hoping for these to be good and get good reviews. And that's the future for the live action Disney remakes. Thank you all for reading and please comment to tell me what you think of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment