Sunday 25 September 2016

Fantasia 2000

This was the next Disney that was made after the Disney Renaissance finished with Tarzan. And this is what Walt wanted originally with Fantasia. He wanted to continue to make more of these and have it be like a series of Fantasia movies. But after the box office failure of the first movie, that plan was changed. So after 59 years, they finally made the sequel and that's this movie. And, in my opinion, this is kinda in the middle. And by that I mean how I feel about this movie. It's isn't as good as the first film and there are some problems. But the stuff that's good is really, really good. Well, let's get to specifics. Well, first of all, I have to give them credit for trying something different. I mean they try all sorts of things in their segments. At first it looks hand-drawn, then C.G.I and then it looks like something out of a newspaper. And it looks really cool. They reshow the Sorcerer's Apprentice, which is always great to see. There's also others like the Flamingo with the yoyo, the whales, the story of the nutcracker, then there's Donald's ark, then it's Blue New York, then there's the changing of seasons with the lava monster and the sprit. I can't remember the rest. Maybe that was it. Anyway, the good things first. The best one in my opinion is the whales. This is awesome. The C.G.I and imagery makes the whole thing and the whale's size seem absolutely massive. And the rest are good too visually. But, like I said, this movie has problems. Some of the segments feel like they're trying to tell a story. But that isn't what Fantasia is supposed to do. It's to make art and be serious so adults can take it seriously that kids will like it. Here, it's just odd. And of course, let's get to what you're all waiting for me to bring up, the celebrities. Aw man. I almost didn't want to talk about these guys, but I've gotta. If you've seen the movie and you've seen these guys, then you know what I'm talking about and they can get really annoying and really painful to watch. I say if you ever see this, definitely skip the scenes that they're in. But this may make it sound like I hated this, which I didn't. I was confused by some of the choices in this. But there are some incredible stuff in this. It is definitely a really good movie. But in some parts, I almost kinda think that this is a divisive movie. I can't explain it. I just sorta feel that way. But even if you take away all the negative stuff I said, the good stuff is absolutely amazing. It has great music, animation, ideas at times and maybe some of Disney's best animation. I would say yes to seeing it, but, well, just make sure you skip the right parts.

No comments:

Post a Comment