Tuesday 25 July 2017

D23 2017

So this is sort of a new thing I've decided to do and that's to talk about the D23 convention that happened recently. If you saw my new Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer entry then you know what it is or what I think D23 really is. It's like a Comic-Con for Disney. Speaking of which, the Comic-Con discussion is going to be the next entry. And with so many people, and I do mean so many people on YouTube doing this same thing, I wanted to do it too and give my thoughts on each thing that happened. I didn't go, but I heard all of this online and watched a little bit of it live online myself. I'm going to divide this into 4 parts. Disney, Pixar, Marvel and then Star Wars. Hopefully you like this and this'll be a lot of fun for me. And so, let's begin.
Disney: Okay, first off, the big one, Disney itself. There was a lot of stuff shown for Disney this year like new movies, games, shows and things like that. First, we got more confirmation of new Disney sequels that're going to happen soon. There's going to be a Wreck-It Ralph 2 called Ralph Breaks the Internet. Sounds interesting. I love the first Wreck-It Ralph movie and so seeing more of that, even on the internet, sounds cool and I hope they do something new with it. Hopefully they will and I can't wait. There's also going to be a Frozen 2 in 2019. Again, I love the first Frozen movie and seeing more of that is even more interesting with what they can do now that Elsa is in control of her powers. There's also going to be a new short of Frozen coming soon called Olaf's Frozen Adventure. Awesome. We also got to see the Disney princess voice actresses at once like Auli'i Cravalho, Jodi Benson, Anika Noni Rose, Kelly Macdonald, Paige O'Hara, Irene Bedard, Mandy Moore, Sarah Silverman and Kristen Bell.
Image result for d23 2017 josh gad
And it was awesome to see them all together. There's also going to be a new Duck Tales show with David Tennant playing Scrooge McDuck. I never saw the original Duck Tales show and I'm not all that interested in this either, but, whatever. Still cool though. There's also going to be a Mary Poppins sequel called Mary Poppins Returns staring Emily Blunt as Mary Poppins herself. Sounds like a good choice, but I don't know if she'll be able to do better than Julie Andrews. We'll just have to wait. There were some new news about the live action remake movies like Mulan being released in 2019. And the Aladdin movie got a conformational cast for three characters. Mena Massoud as Aladdin, Naomi Scott as Jasmine and Will Smith as the Genie. Will Smith is a great choice for the Genie. He's an amazing actor, though I don't know if he'll be able to do it as good as Robin Williams. I'm sure he's going to do great, but Robin Williams was the best part of the Genie in the original, especially with his improvisation. Still, though, can't wait. There was also some footage released of the new Lion King remake. This is the live action remake I'm most excited for and people are really liking it.
Image result for Lion King remake footage
The other annocment are the live action Dumbo movie being confirmed for 2019 and some other live action movies being confirmed for the next two years.
Pixar: Now onto Pixar. There was confirmation of Toy Story 4 in 2019. I'm so pumped for this. Toy Story 3 is still maybe my favourite movie ever and so I can't wait. Although, this is going to be directed by Josh Cooley and not John Lasseter. Which is pretty sad because John is my favourite person working at Pixar. He directed the first two Toy Story movies, A Bug's Life and the first two Cars movies. He's also the executive producer of the Disney Classics nowadays and is one of the big heads of Disney. Plus, if it wasn't for him, we might never woulda seen C.G.I animated movies in the first place. Still though, I am of course super excited for Toy Story 4. Plus, as you all know, Toy Story was confirmed to be a world for Kingdom Hearts 3, which was my favourite things to come out of this convention. There were some ne pictures released for the new Coco movie coming out this year. I can't wait for this too because, well, yeah, it's a Pixar movie.

There's also going to be a new movie called Suburban Fantasy World. Sounds interesting for a Pixar movie but we don't know when it's being released. There was also a lot of talk about the Incredibles 2 coming out next year. The Incredibles is one of my favourite Pixar movies and maybe one of my favourite animated movies ever, so having more of that is amazing to me. We even got this awesome concept art.

Marvel: Now we go onto Marvel. And they had a lot of stuff shown. There was the Infinity War trailer which I managed to see online before it got taken down by Disney. It looks amazing. Almost all the cast was there and that was so cool.
We got to see new posters for the Punisher show and we got a cool concept art of the Defenders.

There was also a statue of Thanos and his children. They look awesome.
Image result for thanos statue d23

There were also Black Panther costumes shown.
Image result for d23 2017 black panther costumes
Image result for d23 2017 black panther costumes

There was new game news like the new Spider-Man game as well as the new Lego game and iPhone game and virtual reality thing.
Star Wars: And now finally, let's talk about Star Wars. This was mainly focused on The Last Jedi. First, we got six new posters of Rey, Finn, Leia, Luke, Poe and Kylo Ren.






And we also got a behind the scenes clip too.
Looks pretty cool and I'm excited for it this December. There's also going to be a new Battlefront game. I haven't played the first game because people said they didn't like it and it doesn't interest me that much. And so everyone, those are my thoughts on the new things we got at D23 this year. Overall, I'm super excited for a lot of these. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you thought of D23 this year or tell me what your favourite thing was.

1 comment:

  1. What the heck dude "The Last Jedi" is so misleading there's like tons of them in there. That's like calling the asylum demon from Dark Souls the asylum demon from Dark Souls if he's not in an asylum OR from Dark Souls!

    ReplyDelete