Friday 14 July 2017

My top 10 Cartoon Network shows

So a few months ago I made two lists of my favourite shows from Disney Channel and Nickelodeon. So I thought I'd go ahead and make one for Cartoon Network. Cartoon Network shows are some of the first shows I ever watched and loved and got me into cartoons as well as just TV in general. So now I'm going to be counting down my 10 favourite shows from it. You probably know what my number 1 is gonna be, but I'm going to talk about the rest anyway. And so, let's begin and I hope you all like this.
10. Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends: Starting us off is maybe one of the first cartoons I ever watched, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. I'd say what I think drives this show isn't the characters, I think it's the stories in these episodes. I'm not saying every episode is good, but I'm saying the stories in a lot of them are really good and really entertaining. The basic plot of this is that it follows these imaginary creatures that anyone can create by thinking of them and just saying it or something like that. And the characters are a mixed bag. First there's Bloo, who I hate because he's selfish, stupid and greedy. There's also Mac who created him who's only 8 years old. The other main imaginary friends are Edwardo, Wilt and Coco. And I like a lot of the stories in these episodes. I think a lot of them are really creative and entertaining.
9. Regular Show: I actually only got into this semi recently because my brother thought it was pretty bad and one YouTuber said he didn't like it. But then I watched it and I find it pretty enjoyable. I found it pretty funny and likeable. It's about a blue jay named Mordecai and a racoon named Rigby who are best friends and they work at this park and they constantly cause trouble that they have to fix it or could also just bite them in the face. And that can get pretty funny in a lot of episode. Note, I'm not saying every episode is good again, but it's still a good time and it's funny to watch them with their other friends who work there as well like Skips, Muscle Man, Pops, Benson and Hi-Five Ghost.
8. Adventure Time: This might come as a surprise to some because Adventure Time is the most beloved Cartoon Network show. But, even though I don't consider it my favourite, it's still really, really great. It's about a boy named Finn and a dog named Jake who go on these different adventures. And a lot of them are really creative an there's a lot of comedy in this show as well as a lot of emotion, surprisingly enough. And a lot of the things they see are really cool and creative as I said. Like the main villain of the show named Ice King, who's pretty funny. There's also the candy kingdom with Princess Bubblegum. That may sound strange to some, but they make it so that it's really good and entertaining. And I really do like the many different adventures they go on.
7. Ed, Edd 'n Eddy: Another one of the first shows I've ever seen is Ed, Edd 'n Eddy. The main premise for this is that it's about these 3 boys actually named Ed, Edd (or Double D as they call him in the show), and Eddy who live in this cul de sac and they're always trying to pull off these scams on the other kids around them to get money to get jawbreakers. Ed is an idiot who's just stupid all the time, Double D is a smart, nerdy, dorky neat freak who sorta tries to get them out of trouble and Eddy is a selfish, greedy, mean guy who's only care in life is getting money for jawbreakers. Pretty much every episode is about them trying to do these scams and a lot of them are pretty entertaining and there are quite a lot of funny moments.
6. Robotboy: The last of the shows I grew up with is Robotboy. One of the best action cartoons when I was a kid. I remember as a kid being really into this show and it's action. It's about a robot named Robotboy who stays with a boy named Tommy with his two friends, Gus and Lola. And Robotboy is constantly being targeted by villains who want to kidnap him to rule the world. And I remember thinking this was a cool show and one with cool animation and cool designs. I just found it super enjoyable.
5. Johnny Test: I know some people might not like that I'm putting this show above some of these other shows, but I really like Johnny Test. If you wanna know my full thoughts on it, go read the top 10 favourite episodes list I made last year. Quick thoughts are that I think it's really fun, funny and undeniably really enjoyable. Not perfect and there are bad moments, bad episodes and really dumb moments, but I still find really great in my opinion and really watchable. If you don't like it, that's fine, I just find it super fun to watch and I would recommend you watch it if you haven't started already.
4. Ben 10: This is a show I grew up with and really followed for years. Now, I'm talking about the original Ben 10 show from 2005 to 2008. I think this was the TV show I looked up to as a kid. I remember loving it and thinking it was a awesome show. Especially an awesome superhero show. It's about a boy named Ben  finds a device from space called the Omnitrix that allows him to become 17 aliens. He starts off with 10, but then he gets more. And all summer he's fighting these criminals or other aliens who're trying to take over the world like the evil villain, Vilgax with his cousin Gwen and his grandpa Max. I found this show so intriguing when I was a kid and I was really into it. My cousin was also a fan of it and would talk about it a lot and buy a lot of action figures from it. We were so into it.
3. The Marvellous Misadventure of Flapjack: Again, if you wanna now my full thought on this show, check out my top 10 favourite episodes from this show. Long story short, it's a super enjoyable and funny show. Recently I've been watching a lot of episodes again and some of them have gotten even better than when I made that list. I've understood a lot more of the jokes, I've laughed at a lot more, the stories become more entertaining for me and I understand a lot more of the plots that I sorta had trouble with understanding last time. It's all just super enjoyable and I find a lot of it super energetic, especially the K'nuckles And His Hilarious Problem episode.
2. The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy: One show that I've only ever mentioned once and have never spoken about how much I love it is The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy. This show is about a stupid boy named Billy and a mean girl named Mandy who have the Grim Reaper as their friend and they always go on different adventures and get into a lot of trouble and situations. A lot of this show is centred around those things and how really entertaining it is. I mean I love this show, it might be one of my favourite shows ever. I have such nostalgia for it. I watch a lot of them as many times as I can and I may even make a top 10 favourite episodes for it one day.
Honourable mentions:
Dexter's Laboratory,
Johnny Bravo,
Codename Kids Next Door,
Ben 10 Ultimate Alien,
Samurai Jack
Dishonourable mentions:
The Amazing World of Gumball,
Teen Titans Go,
Sonic Boom
And my number 1 favourite Cartoon Network show is... Chowder: A lot of you probably saw this coming, but in case you didn't, Chowder is my favourite Cartoon Network show. I love this show and it just might be my second favourite TV show of all time behind SpongeBob. I've talked about this show a lot on this blog, in fact, my top 10 Chowder episodes list is actually my most popular entry, and I do love this show. There are so many fantastic episodes, so many unforgettable lines and characters, really great animation, funny premises, amazing writing and so many fantastic moments. I just love this show so much and think it's really underrated. If you haven't seen this show yet, I strongly, strongly recommend you start watching it because I love it and I love watching so many of these amazing episodes and quoting a lot of them too and I'm sure I'm never going to be sick of this show either. I just adore this show and love watching it. And those are my top 10 Cartoon Network shows. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment