Thursday 27 July 2017

My top 10 Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy episodes

(Before we begin, I just want to say that I'm not going to do that Comic-Con entry I was talking about last time because I feel I already spoke about the general things I would normally talk about when it comes to these things when I showed you all the new trailers that came from it.) Anyway, so recently I did a list of my top 10 favourite Cartoon Network shows. And the show on that list that was my number 2 was the Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy. And so I'm going to make a list of my 10 favourite episodes from the show. Again, the show is about a stupid, hungry boy named Billy...
Image result for the grim adventures of billy and mandy billy
... a mean girl named Mandy who actually does save people a lot of the time and isn't as bad as you'd think...
Image result for the grim adventures of billy and mandy mandy
... and the Grim Reaper.
Image result for the grim adventures of billy and mandy grim
They always go on tons of adventures and the episodes are really fun, funny and super enjoyable. The other characters on the show are Irwin, Billy's best friend.
Image result for the grim adventures of billy and mandy irwin
Puddin, a sorta wimpy kid.
Image result for billy and mandy puddin
Sperg, a bully.
Image result for the grim adventures of billy and mandy sperg
Mindy, a sorta mean selfish girl who always tries to act like she's the best or the coolest.
Image result for the grim adventures of billy and mandy mindy
Harold and Gladys, Billy's mom and dad and his dad is a huge idiot too.
Image result for billy and mandy haroldImage result for The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy Harold
Nergal and Nergal Jr. As in Billy's uncle and cousin.
Image result for The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy NergalImage result for The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy Nergal Jr.
And there's also Jeff. A huge spider who thinks Billy is his dad because he hatched his egg. And given how Billy's biggest fear is spiders, well, I think you can figure this out on your own.
Image result for Jeff the Spider Grim Adventure
And so here I'm going to be counting down my top 10 favourite episodes from this show which may be one of my favourite shows of all time. So, let's begin and I hope you all like this.
10. Bully Boogie: Starting us off is an episode that puts more focus on Grim's backstory a small bit. After the Boogey Man, or "Boogey," comes back to torment Grim, he takes Billy hostage and Grim challenges him for revenge and to get Billy back. But mostly to get revenge. Boogey used to the bully at Grim's school and so now he wants to annoy him more. This is what Boogey looks like.
Image result for the grim adventures of billy and mandy boogey
And I like him. He's a cool villain and there's an especially funny scene with him, Grim and Mandy that I won't ruin, but let's just say it involves getting revenge with milk. Watch the episode to know what I'm talking about. And there's an especially great scene with Billy when he's falling from the sky with Boogey on his back.
9. Tricycle of Terror: When Billy gets a new tricycle, which he names Trykie, from a mysterious kid in a porta potty, it's revealed to be haunted and hurting everyone around him. This episode isn't as funny as lot of these other episodes, but it is still great and kinda scary if you're a kid. But there are some funny scenes in it too like when Mandy and Grim tell Billy what's been going on but he keeps trying to deny it, and especially when Trykie then begins to attack Grim.
8. Spider's Little Daddy: When Jeff turns to Mandy to help him be meaner so Billy will love him, it turns out he's just too nice to do anything mean. That is already really brilliant because they can do a lot of things with it. Just the scenes where Jeff is trying to follow Mandy's orders but he just can't find it in himself to be mean. And just seeing him trying to win Billy's love is so funny and it's funny when Billy keeps throwing stuff at him.
7. Nigel Planter and the Chamber Pot of Secrets: So this sort of a weird thing that happens in this show. Nigel Planter is this show's version of Harry Potter.
Image result for nigel planter
And in this episode, he get to see the show's version of Voldemort, Lord Moldybutt.
Image result for lord moldybutt
And, in the show, whenever anyone says his name, things break. And this is sort of a parody of the Chamber of Secrets. So, Moldybutt is constantly telling Nigel to stay away from this so-called "Chamber Pot of Secrets." And it's super hilarious all the way through. Especially when people just say his name and things keep breaking. I won't ruin the ending for you, but it is pretty clever. Especially when they reveal what Moldybutt is.
6. Billy & Mandy Save Christmas: I've actually talked about this before, but I wanted to talk about it again. This is my favourite Christmas special ever. When Santa is transformed into a vampire, Billy, Mandy and Grim have to find out what's going on. I think this is super funny, creative and they have good twists along the way. And just seeing the progress of the special is really fun and seeing the adventure and story is also a lot of fun. And I like the other side characters like Mrs. Claus, Baron and Santa himself. All of them are really good and I just really love the story. And I really love the outcome of the episode too. I just personally think this special is really fantastic and it's by far my favourite Christmas special of all time. Check it out at Christmas if you're able to.
5. Spidermandy: Next on the list is maybe my favourite Jeff the Spider episode. After Jeff gets the Spider-Pocks, Billy accidently passes it onto Mandy so begins to transform into a huge spider herself. That is such a funny idea. Again, given how Billy's biggest fear is spiders, again, you can figure this out yourself. So, that makes a lot of possibilities and this episode uses a lot of them. I would say the best part of it in my opinion is the chase scene between Billy and Mandy when she's the spider inside his house. That whole scene is pretty well animated and how Billy resolves this situation is pretty good too. It's just a super fun episode. There really isn't much to say about this episode that I haven't said already about the other episodes, but it's super fun to watch in my opinion and it's by far my favourite Jeff the Spider episode.
4. Puddle Jumping: Another episode that I've loved for a long time is Puddle Jumping. When Grim accidently opens up a portal in Billy's pool, he goes through it when he dives into it and gets sent to a bunch of places and planets so Grim and Mandy go after him. I think what I like most about this episode the different places they go to when they go through all the sinkholes. Billy gets sent to a swamp where an old lady lives so she wants to bake him into a pie. And he's becoming more obsessed with pie in this. Watch this.
And it's, all together, a super fun episode. I always have fun whenever I watch this and it's also really funny.
3. Super Zero: Oh my god, Super Zero is one of the best episodes EVER, in my opinion. For a long, long time this has been one of my favourites and it's just as funny now to when I saw it as a kid. When Billy becomes obsessed with a new yogurt, he asks Grim to make him a superhero so he can fight some evil empire he made up. But really does it so he'll go away. And so he does, but then he's stuck with his dad. Watch this hilarious scene and you'll understand where Billy gets his "intelligence" from.
And when Billy lands on another planet, that's really funny because he thinks it's "an evil empire so small it can't be seen by the human eye." And then he just shoots yogurt all over the place. If you've seen this episode if you know the show, than you'll know what I'm talk about. If you haven't, then do go see this.
2. One Crazy Summoner: At number 2 is my favourite Nigel Planter episode One Crazy Summoner. Now he's older and has a crush on a girl who he wants help to win over with Billy, Mandy and Grim's help. But there's also his rival who she likes and she likes her back named Dorko Mouthfly. Basically a parody of Draco Malfoy from Harry Potter again. And seeing Nigel's attempts to win the girl over is really funny. Especially with the Granny Grim parts. I especially like the opening with the four of them talking on the beach. It's funny and they manage to make fun of something with Harry Potter too. Let's just say, it has something to do with snakes. And I really like the Toadblatts scene. He's a toad version of Dumbledore. Those scenes are pretty funny too. Especially the scene with the love potion. Watch it to know what I mean. It's just another fantastic episode in my opinion. But, as much as I love this episode, there's one episode I love more. And so, let's get to that.
Honourable mentions:
Billy Idiot,
The Show That Dare Not Speak Its Name,
Nigel Planter and the Order of the Peanuts,
Billy & Mandy's Big Boogey Adventure,
The Bubble With Billy,
The Wrongest Yard,
Giant Billy and Mandy All Out Attack,
Zip Your Fly,
The Firebird Sweet
And my number 1 favourite Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy episode is... Chocolate Sailor: And finally at number 1 is my favourite Billy & Mandy episode, Chocolate Sailor. This is just a perfect episode in my opinion. After Billy answers an ad in a magic comic, or, Man Eating Comic as it's called, for something called the Chocolate Sailor crew, he gets boxes of enchanted chocolates which he was supposed to sell, but he ended up eating all of it himself...
...which turned him into solid chocolate, and he can't stop eating himself.
Image result for billy and mandy chocolate sailor
And the whole scenes where he is eating himself is really, really funny with him doing it but it's so sore he screams in pain. And so now they have to turn him back to normal. They find the Chocolate Sailor himself and he's resistant at first, but then, this happens.
Then his head just explodes in a pretty funny way. I would say what I like most about the episode is the part in the middle with Billy getting boxes and boxes of chocolate and he keeps attacking his dad because he keeps touching the boxes and Billy keeps saying "mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine." Overall, Chocolate Sailor is my favourite Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy episode. There's nothing bad here in my opinion. It all works perfectly. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think or, if you like the show too, tell me what your favourite episode is.

No comments:

Post a Comment