Tuesday 18 July 2017

The Lion Guard: The Traveling Baboon Show

So with more and more new episodes of the Lion Guard coming out and a lot more possibilities opening up for these episodes, I was really anticipating this new episode, The Traveling Baboon Show. I was kinda thinking this was going to be an episode revolving around Rafiki from what I was hearing about it, but it turns out I was wrong and this episode kinda surprised me. Not just with how much I enjoyed it, but also because of the twists it took. It wasn't what I was expecting at all. What's the story? So these baboons, who call themselves the Travelling Baboon Show, have arrived at the Pride Lands and they're entertaining all of them. Except some of the Lion Guard like Fuli and especially Ono. They annoy them but the rest are loving them. Especially Bunga, of course. But once the show is done. The Guard finds that something's wrong. The leaves on a tree and the grass around it has vanished. When another show is starting, Ono finds out that the baboons are the ones who're stealing it and they stop them. But then something else happens. I won't ruin what it is, but it took me off guard consistently. (No pun intended.) So the story may seem just as formulaic as you might expect. But it's not entirely because they do try something different with it. Especially the ending. The actual scenes with the Baboon's show themselves actually are kinda cool and, unlike some other characters they introduced for the episodes, these guys don't get annoying. You might think they could get very annoying, but I never found myself thinking they were annoying. And the actual reveal that they were the thieves wasn't surprising at all, I'm pretty sure anyone could figure that out.  But then there was the ending with their redemption. That's the part of the episode I didn't see coming because usually in the show with this kinda writing, I suspected they were gonna have to chase them away from the Pride Lands like they might usually do with the other villains. The baboons aren't villains, but at the beginning, they're almost supposed to be like that. But then something happens that sorta flips that around. But the rest is pretty good too like the actual baboon performances. What they do is pretty cool and actually funny in a few scenes like when they snag Ono and start throwing him around and messing with him. And the whole thing with Bunga trying to get into the show is pretty funny when he tries to ask the leader if he can join. And then the climax was cool. Nothing special, but still cool. The animation's still good and I would say when they're doing the different tricks during the shows, that's really cool. And when we see the actual chase between the Guard and the baboons was cool too because they did a great job making the baboons seem really unlikeable for a short time. The voice cast is pretty good too. The main five are of course amazing, but the new ones like Lynette Dupree as Tembo, the main baboon, are all really good too. Also, kinda weird thing I don't really wanna say, but whatever. I think a lot of the recent songs in the show, after the Lost Gorillas, have sorta been declining in quality. They're not bad. Or at least, not all bad, but a lot of them haven't been very since that episode. I didn't mention that in the last two episode reviews, even though I probably shoulda. The songs haven't been awful, they haven't been all that good is what I'm saying. But hopefully they'll go back to being amazing again in the next few episodes and from then onwards. So, as a whole, this is another enjoyable and good Lion Guard episode. I can't say it's perfect, but it's one you'll definitely have fun watching. I can't wait for the next bunch of episodes to come out, especially Rise of Scar as I've said a lot of times. So, yeah, do see this episode if you're able to and look forward to the next few Lion Guard episode reviews coming soon. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment