Monday 16 May 2016

My new top 15 comic book movie portrayals

I've already done something this already but I decided that I'm going to do it again because I've seen even more comic book movies and there have been more portrayals of heroes and villains so here I'm counting down my top 15 right now.
15. Anthony Mackie/Falcon: Starting us off is the secondary character who's been around in the M.C.U since the Winter Soldier. He's continued to get better and better with each movie and his latest appearance in Civil War is by far his best in my opinion. And he had an awesome cameo in Ant-Man when he and Scott fight at the Avengers facility. And he also had a lot more dramatic things to do in Civil War and they he absolutely nailed it as well as the great writing for him.
14. Mark Ruffalo/Hulk: After 8 years after the first Hulk movie in 2003, they finally got this guy cast perfectly with Mark Ruffalo. They managed to mix the perfect amount of Bruce Banner and Hulk together where they spend the perfect time with both of them and not once was it boring like in the other 2 movies. And the scenes where we see Hulk smash a whole bunch of stuff is amazing and perfect. The exact amount you want to see. While Edward Norton was a very, very good choice for Bruce/Hulk in the 2008 the Incredible Hulk movie, it's Mark Ruffalo that we can all agree is the best out of all of them.
13. Hugh Jackman/Wolverine: This one may come off as odd because you may be wondering why isn't he higher but, here's the thing. I can't exactly say why but I think that the Wolverine in the X-Men movies isn't exactly like he should be in the comics. I think if they wanted to make him more like it they should have made him more angry, more insane and not as kind. Kinda like the way he's portrayed in the cartoon. I know Wolverine is kinda a nice person but, I don't know I can't explain it. But nonetheless, Hugh Jackman's portrayal of Wolverine is definitely one of best in history especially in movies like the Wolverine and X-Men: Days of Future Past. He's been synonymous in the role and is probably the person who's been playing a comic book hero ever ever since the first X-Men in 2000. And you get the feeling that he's the kind of person who's a rough guy with a soft heart thing if you know what I mean. And next year's Wolverine 3 will be his last ever as the career as the clawed superhero.
12. James Mcavoy/Professor X: While Patrick Stewart's Xavier is a very kind and wise person. James Mcavoy's is more wounded and more identifiable. And James's portrayal is so interesting to me. He does it so well. I could honestly have him as my own teacher and I think I'd be so interested. Sorry for making that sound weird but it's true. He's that fantastic. Same with Stewart. And Apocalypse will be his final movie. And it'll be pretty sad because he's astounding in the role and having him and Michael Fassbender's Magneto work off each other is probably the most interesting of all because they work off each other so well.
11. Patrick Stewart/Professor X: While we've all grown to love James Mcavoy's portrayal of young Xavier, it's Patrick Stewart's professor that we all adore. Best known for playing Captain Picard in Star Trek, he made every comic book fan's dream come true when he landed the role in 2000 for X-Men. He's been synonymous in this role too and he will always be our perfect professor. Luckily we'll get one more chance to see him in next year's Wolverine 3.
10. Christian Bale and Ben Affleck/Batman: When it came to picking the best Batman, I had to make it a tie. I have no idea which is the best Batman. Both brought something great to the role and that's the awesomeness with both their cool suits, voices and mysteriousness. While Christian Bale's Batman followed the comics a little more wit not killing people and Ben Affleck's did and that's something Christian's was better at but at the same time Ben's had the better voice and probably costume. And they each did phenomenal jobs with making Batman awesome with the fight scenes and intelligence. Either way though, you can't deny that both actor brought something new to the role and managed to soar as the character.
9. Chris Hemsworth/Thor: While we have another year to wait until we see him again in Thor: Ragnarok, there's no denying that Chris Hemsworth is the perfect Thor with his look and his constant devotion to the role. While I would definitely have loved to see him with the helmet on more and less with the beard, it doesn't really matter because he's also great with just swinging the hammer and being able to pull being a gentle and soft guy with some understanding in him. I'd say I like him the most when he's being serious and he's explaining things to other people like in the first movie when he's talking to Jane and Eric a lot.
8. Paul Rudd/Ant-Man: While I have never seen this guy in any other movie, I can tell that he's a great comedic actor and nails everything he's given. It was of course this year's Civil War where he was his best and made Ant-Man the funniest or maybe 2nd funniest character in the movie. While he'll be companied by Hope as Wasp in the next movie, I have a feeling that he'll still be great. And I also hope he does more stuff with Luis like in the first movie and he does manage to pull off some dramatic stuff in the first Ant-Man movie too, which is great.
7. Michael Douglas/Hank Pym: Was there any doubt about this guy. I mean it's Michael Douglas and you expect to get a good performance out of him and you do in this movie. Even though I've never seen him in any other movie before, I can tell that this is a very talented person. He manages to deliver a performance that makes him sympathetic and very likeable. I think you all know how great this performance was so I don't really need to explain much.
6. Chadwick Boseman/Black Panther: One of the newest Avengers in the M.C.U, Chadwick Boseman knocked it out of the park as the character. He was so interesting, so entertaining and so likeable and sympathetic. And the costume was awesome. He did such a great job in the action scene where it's really him, if you know what I mean. And having that Black Panther solo movie teaser at the end of Civil War was awesome and I can't wait to see that too because it's going to be focused all around him and I absolutely know that he'll be amazing that movie too. And with also having a cool actor like him to play this character was a brilliant choice and so far he's been awesome and I can't wait to see him in the future.
5. Tom Hiddleston/Loki: Apparently unknown before landing the role in 2011's Thor, Tom Hiddleston quickly established himself as Loki, the mischievous adoptive brother of Thor. It was of course 2012's the Avengers where Hiddleston was the best in the role and got the most amount of screen time and that's where we got to see that he was indeed the best M.C.U villain so far. He's also just so charismatic and funny so you're always entertained by him. And next year we'll see him return in Thor: Ragnarok after a 4 year gap since Thor: The Dark World. Thankfully because the world is definitely ready for more Loki.
4. Tom Holland/Spider-Man: While I've said before that Andrew Garfield is the best Spider-Man ever, I already said before that I have now changed my mind and now it's Tom Holland that's the best. He was exactly what you want out of Spider-Man. A wise-cracking poor kid who can barely afford anything. And we also get a new awesome suit that's by far the most different out of any Spider-Man suit we've seen before because of the eyes being able to move like the Deadpool ones. And there's also the fact that he's a kid in high school and not graduating like the last 2. Even though we've only seen him in 1 movie so far, I can say without a doubt that this is by far the bet version of Spider-Man ever and the best Spider-Man actor ever.
3. Chris Evans/Captain America: Chris Evans's first comic book movie portrayal wasn't quite as good as his second. While he made a really good effort playing the Human Torch in the 2 original Fantastic 4 movies and was by far the best actor in both of those movies, it's his portrayal as Captain America that we all love and he's best known for. And with a guy like him, you do believe that he'd be able to do all that he does, especially in Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Civil War. And while he'll most definitely be fantastic in Infinity War, what we've seen so far will always be in our minds and Evans will always be the perfect Captain.
2. Ryan Reynolds/Deadpool: It's hard to believe that Ryan Reynolds was perfect as Deadpool after a long history of being in terrible comic book movies like when he was portraying something that was supposed to be Deadpool in Origins and Green Lantern in the 2011 Green Lantern movie. My guess is that most actors would have wanted to stop trying to be a superhero. But thankfully Reynolds didn't. He's finally been the perfect choice in a comic book movie with this year's Deadpool. Not only the movie but also in the film's marketing with everything they did to promote this movie like the soccer one, the saving cat one, the recruiting one, the awkward interview one and everything like that. There are those actors who are they're characters and Ryan Reynolds is definitely Deadpool.
And my number 1 favourite comic book portrayal is... Robert Downey Jr./Iron Man: Was there any doubt. While everyone says that Heath Ledger's Joker is the best ever, I find that performance to just be good. Not that amazing it's like a lot of people's performances where it's just good. But Robert Downey Jr. however is by far the best ever in my opinion. While we've seen him be funny, wise-cracking, a fast talker and cool suit wearer before in the past, his newest role as Iron Man has been very dramatic and that's something we haven't entirely seen before. I mean we did kinda see it in Iron Man 3 but not to this extent. And Robert Downey Jr. pulls it off perfectly. But we all prefer him for his comedy because he's beyond hilarious. At least I do. And I especially love seeing him interacting with the other Avengers like Cap, Thor, Bruce, Black Widow, and Spidy. And so everyone those were my new 15 favourite comic book character portrayals. I hope you liked this. Please comment and thanks for reading. Also one last thing. This Wednesday I'm going to be seeing X-Men: Apocalypse in cinemas so expect to see that review that evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment