Sunday 18 June 2017

101 Dalmatians: Patch's London Adventure

So another sorta middle of the road straight to video Disney sequel in my opinion is 101 Dalmatians: Patch's London Adventure. Again, is it good, no way. But it's not one of the worst of them all, there's definitely worse sequels out there. But I didn't hate this one like I hate some of the others. For me, there's some stuff here that is really bad, some stuff that I thought is kinda meh and some stuff that I thought was kinda likeable. Not a lot of things though. What's the story? The family are moving house with the Dalmatians. But one of the puppies, named Patch, is feeling out of place because he's the middle child of 99 puppies. He wants to stand out so he watches TV and sees that his hero, a dog on TV named Thunderbolt, is holding auditions for a new dog to be on his show. So Patch manages to get in but Thunderbolt doesn't realise that the creators are killing off his character and now the two of them are causing all sort of trouble. And that's not all, Cruella is back and after getting interested in art, or really dots on canvases, she wants to kidnap the puppies again so she can paint it with them. O...kay. I know she's a crazy villain but this is going insane. I would say that that might be the only thing I think is kinda entertaining about this. Seeing her go insane like this. For the rest of this, it isn't that bad and there are some redeeming qualities to it like the animation, for the most part, is fine I guess. The characters, some are kinda hard to sit through, but some are kinda likeable and some are kinda funny at times. And speaking of which, this film has a few funny moments in it. But there really isn't anything special in this movie either. I mean there's a liar revealed moment, some plotline where a kid is feeling left out  and it's all stuff we've seen before and done better in some things or not well made at all. The climax is also kinda tacked on where they have another car chase with Cruella try to catch them. But there are the other scenes that annoy me like the hero kinda character who's full of himself and thinks everyone should look up to him. I usually hate those kinda characters. One of the only few times I can imagine that kind of character work is in the Lion Guard in the Ono's Idol episode. That's the way to do it otherwise it'll just be annoying like it is here. I will say some of the voice cast is good like Patch, Cruella, the artist and the rest do fine. But the story is also sort of a rehash of the original in parts like how Cruella's trying to catch them for something, the climax is a car chase, we see some of the same thing on the TV scene and some other scenes like that. I don't know, it's just the kinda movie you might expect. It's bland at parts with a few redeeming qualities that don't entirely make up for a script like this. Again, if you're curious, go see it for yourself if you want and judge for yourself. I just didn't find it anything special. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment