Friday 9 June 2017

Leroy & Stitch

So with me not liking Lilo & Stitch 2, but really enjoying Stitch! The Movie, I was a little cautiously optimistic about watching this the first time a few years ago. But I will say that I was more optimistic than cautious. Especially with me also really liking the Lilo & Stitch show that this movie was ending. What's the story? Now that Lilo and Stitch have found all the experiments and found each a place to belong, they're rewarded along with Jumba and Pleakley. But, the down side is that Stitch, Jumba and Pleakley will be sent away for their rewards and Lilo is going to miss them but then they decide to stay for her. But then she feels guilty for making them sorta feel this way and decides to let them go off doing what they were rewarded. Stitch is the captain of his ship, Jumba is back in his old lab and Pleakley is a professor in a space school. But they're all missing each other now. Especially Lilo and Stitch. However, Gantu is back and he breaks Hamsterviel out of prison. They go to Jumba's lab and force him to make another experiment that'll only serve Hamsterviel. So he does and he looks like Stitch but with red fur.
Image result for leroy vs stitch
Hamsterviel names him Leroy and he and Stitch fight.
Lilo eventually finds out and teams up with Experiment 625 who she names Ruben. And I like him a lot in this. The two of them then go off into space to help Stitch and the others. Just like the last Lilo & Stitch movie, the animation is really good. I think this movie was made by the same people who did the show and so this looks amazing for that type of studio. The characters in this are also the best I've seen them in for a while. Lilo and Stitch are still great, but the so are the rest Jumba, Pleakley and I like how a lot of the villains turn good in this movie like Ruben and even Gantu turns into a good guy at the end which was nice to see. And Hamsterviel is pretty funny a lot here too. Leroy is also a really cool villain and they manage to make him funny every once in a while too. I also kinda like the more quiet moments where the characters are just being still and being people, if you know what I mean. And the end fight scene with all the experiments vs all the Leroys is awesome and the animation is so good here. Watch.
Really, the whole adventure aspect of this movie I think is the most fun part. This is pretty fun movie. But, with that, is it really a great movie. I guess not. There are some noticeable flaws like a bit of the pacing, the ending to the climax and Nani isn't in this that much and she still isn't all that interesting. As well as some things that don't make a whole lot of sense. But, as a final outing for Stitch with Lilo, this was just such a fun time. They're still great together. This was also the last time we'll see them together before the Stitch anime started with Stitch and Yuna, which, again, I love and I do think is a show you should watch. And I do think you should check this movie out too. And so everyone, that's my review of Leroy & Stitch. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment