Wednesday 7 June 2017

Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch has a Glitch

So now we've come to the Wolverine trilogy of Disney sequels as I like to call this. The reason I say that is because after the first Lilo & Stitch, there started to be all these sequels and spin-off shows. And for the movies, this is what I was talking about when I said the Wolverine trilogy because this is like it where the first movie is really bad, the second sequel is pretty good and the third one is really, really good in my opinion. This is sort of a Stitch series of movies in my opinion. Which is great because I love Stitch. He's still one of my favourite Disney characters as I said in my top 20 other favourite Disney characters list. Here however, he's the only good thing in this movie. I don't like this movie at all. I really don't. Thankfully the following movies got better than this one and so did the shows too in my opinion. What's the story? It opens with Stitch acting strange with his eyes glowing green and he's sorta zipping all over the place unintentionally. Also, there's a hula competition coming up that Lilo wants to enter and win because her mother was in it and she won it too at her age. So the two of them start training for it but nothing working. One night when they're all together, Stitch starts acting strange again and Jumba figures out what's going on. When Stitch was being created, some guards interrupted some kind of upload onto him so this wouldn't happen so now Stitch sorta has this glitch or virus inside him that's making him go nuts.
So now Jumba has to fix him in time. But he doesn't tell the others so now any time this is happening with Stitch it causes bad things to happen to Lilo so she blames him for being bad. And this is sorta my main problem with the movie that I talked about before in my ranking last year. I understand that Lilo is just a kid and she doesn't understand what's going on, but I think every time this happens, she seems way too mean on Stitch. She keeps saying mean things to him despite the fact that none of this is his fault. Again, I know she doesn't get what's happening, but still. And that's only one of the problems here. Next up, why doesn't Jumba just tell them what's going on with Stitch and he's also creating a device that'll help him but he keeps that a secret too. Why? Why does he do that? There're also other problems too. Like how Nani and David seem a little bland in this and they don't get a lot of screen time. Speaking of David, there's this tiny sub-plot that goes on with Pleakley trying to help him win over Nani and that goes nowhere. They try to make it a joke and it's only funny for a second and that's it. It's sorta drags for a little too long and it over stays it's welcome. This movie also has the same problem that a lot of these other sequels have and that's that the stories in them and just the whole feel to them all is just boring. I will say the animation is fine, but nothing really stands out about it. But really, the biggest problem that I have that I still stand by is what Lilo keeps saying to Stitch. Seriously, if I wanted to watch a story where people think Stitch is being bad and they're kinda looking down on him, I'd just watch an episode of Stitch that does that, as in the anime show that I like, because, even though it's sort of the same premise, they did it better and they made it seem not as cold as it was done here and it didn't do it as long as it was done here. The ending is also a bit of a cop-out that doesn't make any sense at all where it looks like Stitch is dead, but then, somehow, he comes back to life when Lilo is hugging him and crying. That is some of the most clichéd dumb stuff you can ever see in a movie or any kinda story like this or really ever. So yeah, I don't like this movie at all. It's so stupid and so does not need to exist at all. Yeah, definitely skip this one. I would not recommend going to see this one. So everyone, thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment