Friday 9 June 2017

My top 5 underrated movies of 2016

So this is a really late entry for me, but I was originally thinking of doing this entry at around New Year's Day, but wasn't able to because I hadn't watched many movies at that point that I thought were underrated, but recently I've seen more movies of 2016 and so now I'm doing this list now. Again, sorry it's such an incredibly late entry here, but I just couldn't at the start of the year and so here it is. And so I hope you all like this and I do hope you watch these movies if you haven't already. So, let's begin.
5. Kung Fu Panda 3:

Starting us off is the only DreamWorks movie I saw last year. This was such a good time at the cinema but for some reason, it disappeared really fast as soon as it left theatres and I hadn't heard a single thing since then about it except from one YouTuber but that's it. It may not have been anything special I guess, but I still had a fun time with this and I thought it was a pretty underrated movie.
4. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them:
Image result for fantastic beasts and where to find them poster
Next up is the ninth instalment in the Harry Potter franchise. Like I was just saying, I had a great time with this movie and I appreciated everyone's effort in this movie, especially the actors like Eddie Redmayne and all the others. I also really respected the directing and writing from David Yates and J.K Rowling. And together, they made a fun, funny and exciting movie that I feel didn't get the attention I thought it deserved. If you haven't seen this movie yet and you're a Harry Potter fan, do go see this because it is a really great movie in my opinion.
3. The Nice Guys:
Image result for the nice guys movie 2016
This movie is the reason I'm making this list. I literally only saw this today on Netflix. The reason I checked it out is because I had heard a ton of great things about it before I saw it and one YouTuber said it was his favourite movie of last year. And I can see why. I don't know if I can say I really loved it, but I did love parts of it and I had a great and hilarious time with this movie. This movie made no money when it was released last year and so if you haven't seen it yet, definitely do. This story is such an amazingly original one and the mystery was engrossing the whole time. It stars Ryan Gosling and Russell Crowe who are on a case to find a person who was involved with another person who died recently. I think the lines and cinematography are fantastic in this and I had a hilarious time with this today. As I said, go out and see this and support this movie if you haven't already.
2. Moana:
Image result for Moana poster
Now we come to the movies I loved last year and starting us off is my third favourite movie of 2016 and that is Moana. While not as good as Zootropolis, I absolutely fell in love with this movie and I still do. I've watched this movie so many times on DVD and listened to the soundtrack on my iPod a lot too. People thought there wasn't that much on this movie's mind and didn't have as much on it's surface. But I didn't see that and I still loved everything in this and thought it was a really special movie with fantastic characters (Moana herself now being one of my favourite Disney characters ever), beautiful animation, fantastic pacing, really, really hilarious scenes, incredible voice acting talent, quotable lines left and right, a great message and a fantastic dynamic between Moana and Maui. This might, and remember, I said "might," be one of my favourite Disney movies ever and I love it. If you haven't seen this movie yet, but even if you have, see it again. You might have a different opinion. I doubt you'll love it as much as I do, but still.
And my number 1 underrated movie of 2016 is... X-Men: Apocalypse:
Image result for x-men apocalypse
Was there any doubt? I don't get the hate for this movie at all. I thought this movie was awesome. I really, really enjoyed this movie. I don't love it, but the reason it's higher than Moana on this list is because this movie was trashed by critics, but I don't get why. This was such a fun movie with amazing performances from almost all the cast, incredible action, cool visuals, a mostly well paced story, a cool villain with Apocalypse and I thought this movie was awesome. Yes, as I said before, there are flaws with it, but there are more positives than negatives in my opinion and I have absolutely no idea why this movie was hated by critics. If you didn't see this movie at all yet, I recommend it strongly. You will like it and have a great time with it. I promise. Especially if you like comic book movies and have watched the other X-Men movies before it. And so everyone, that's my list for my top 5 most underrated movies of 2016. Thank you all for reading, please see these movies if you haven't yet and please comment down below to tell me what you think or tell me what you thought the most underrated movie of last year was.

No comments:

Post a Comment