Wednesday 7 June 2017

The Hunchback of Notre Dame 2

Oh boy. Last year when I was talking about this movie in my ranking of 22 of the Disney straight to video sequels, this is one of the ones I was dreading. I hate this movie so much. When I first saw it, even with my easily entertained mind, I knew this was not good and I was hating everything about it. Which is strange because even though I do really like the first one, I don't know if I can say I love it, but this is one of the that I hate the most. It's not the number 1 Disney sequel I hate the most, but it is one of the ones I hate the most. And that mainly falls on the story. This is one of the worst Disney stories I've ever seen. What's the story? Esmeralda and Phoebus have a son and him and Quasimodo are friends. Also in Notre Dame there's this bell that's ordinary on the outside, but inside, there are these jewels and stuff like that stuck on it. There's this circus coming to Paris and they want to steal the bell for themselves. So they send a woman named Madellaine to get Quasimodo out of the bell tower so they can steal it, but, of course, the two of them develop a real romance until it's revealed that it was just a lie the whole time. And that's only one of the many dumb things in this. Not only is the script so dumb, terrible and so boring and so lazy feeling, but the characters don't feel as compelling as they did the last one. They were really complex and some were even kinda relatable in the original. Here though, not at all. Some of them even make some kinda dumb decisions at times. Also, the villain in this is horrible. This is a stupid villain. His name is Sarousch and not only does he have no depth to him, but he's also just an extremely boring villain too. Let's also talk about the animation... it's bad in my opinion. This animation is so bad in my opinion. Not only does it not look anything like the original, but it's also just not very nice to look at. Seriously, if I wanted to watch a straight to video Disney sequel with really good animation, I'd watch the Lion King 2 or Bambi 2 or the Jungle Book 2. This one's animation is just bad in my opinion. The music is fine I guess, but the songs are horrible too. The lyrics and tunes in them are so dumb and forgettable. I will say that the actual acting from the actors is pretty good, but what they're saying and what they're being given is dumb too and at times it can seem a little unnatural. But the main problem I have with the movie is that it's just really boring and forgettable. Especially since you know exactly what's going to happen, when it's going to happen and know what people are going to say and when they're going to say it. The film's also really horribly directed and paced, it seems kinda slow at points, and a lot of the scenes with Quasimodo and Madellaine are so bland and so tired. I don't even know what else to say, it's the same stupid, boring story you've heard all the time and there's nothing new to it here. Obviously, I'm saying skip this one. So everyone, thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment