Sunday 11 June 2017

The Lion King 1½

Yeah, this sounds like a really strange title for a movie. Think about it, the Lion King 1½ . But, when you watch the movie yourself, you understand why. As for the movie itself, it's fine I guess. Nothing fantastic like the first movie or the second movie, but still pretty enjoyable. What's the story? Actually the story is all focused on Timon and Pumbaa and showing what they were doing during the first movie before they met Simba and it shows they were at a lot of the places he was at. But before that we have a small plot where Timon is an outcast among his other meerkats but one day he's put in charge of watching out for hyenas. But he gets distracted, the hyenas attack his family so now he has to go on his own. While travelling, he meets Pumbaa, they form a friendship and, as I said, they're basically inserted into a bunch of scenes from the first Lion King movie and we even see some parts with them and Simba when he's a teenager until an adult. And with that there are some funny moments like this scene...
... but there aren't any really good songs here. Which is strange because the original Lion King is one of the most popular Disney musicals ever. The animation's really good. The Lion King franchise always has really great animation. And I think, overall, the best way I can describe this movie is that it's a pretty movie that you can enjoy fine, but it's not really anything special. Granted the beginning where we see Timon and his mother is nice but that doesn't entirely go anywhere. Though I do sorta remember liking how this was kinda connected to the Timon and Pumbaa show on TV and I remember liking that a little more. I don't know, I really don't have a lot to say except it's a movie focused entirely on Timon and Pumbaa. I really like these two but this just isn't the right way to give them their own movie. So yeah, it's fine. It's funny and it looks nice, just nothing in it really stood out to me that much. Sorry this isn't really long, I just don't have a lot to say about this. Check it out if you want, it just not one of my personal favourites but I still liked it fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment