Wednesday 14 June 2017

Bambi 2

Remember in the last review I said the next entry was going to be better? Well, I was right. We've reached an amazing movie now in my opinion. I absolutely love this movie. Bambi 2 I think is incredible. I don't know if I can say it's perfect, but it's really close. Which is so weird for me because I don't love the first movie. I like it, I think it's really good, I just don't love it and I don't watch it often. The sequel on the other hand I love and I watch a lot. It's just that fantastic in my opinion. But first, the story. What's the story? It literally opens up right at the point where Bambi's mom dies. His dad suggests to the owl to find a replacement to raise Bambi but the owl suggests that he should do it.
After that, we get an amazing opening title where we see animals waking up.
When Bambi wakes up, his father tries to train him to act like a real prince and there's even some funny scenes with that in the opening. After that they run into Thumper and his sisters and Bambi decides to go with them to see the groundhog. There they meet Flower and Faline again and a new character named Ronno who's a mean deer and hates Bambi. Afterwards when Bambi is waiting for his dad, he hears something and thinks it's his mother. But it's just a man luring him towards him and some dogs.
Bambi then sorta comes to the realisation that his mother really is gone and never coming back and trying to come to grips with it and accepting the truth, which is really sad and heart-breaking with the way it's acted and the music to that scene. And I'll stop there. The rest is sorta Bambi trying to win his father's approval. So, before I go any further, I want to bring something up. This is sorta like what I said in my Lion King 2 review where I remember first hearing about this movie as a trailer on the DVD of Chicken Little and sorta recently I remember watching it back then and not really caring about it, but now I do. This is the trailer.
I watch that a lot now loving it and I also love this movie. There are so many things to talk about here I don't know where to even start. First off, the story is really, really fun and entreating, I'm never bored when watching it. The animation is so amazing and beautiful here, maybe one of the best looking Disney movies ever in my opinion. The characters are really lovable and the so are the actors. Alexander Gould is amazing as the voice of Bambi and Patrick Stewart is perfect as the Great Prince. I also just love Bambi in this movie and this movie made him one of my favourite Disney characters ever. The rest of the cast is also fantastic. Brendon Baerg as Thumper, Nicky Jones as Flower, Andrea Bowen as Faline. Everyone all a round does a great job. The music and songs are incredible. I love that There Is Life song. Maybe one of my favourite Disney songs ever. It just sounds really nice and I have it on my iPod too. There's also some intense scenes to, especially during the ending. The scenes between Bambi and Thumper are also fun and it feels like real kids. Same for the scenes with Bambi and his dad. Those are really nice and I like how the Great Prince sorta becomes more light hearted and a nicer guy and he accepts to be more fun and not to be all stern and strict all the time. I especially love the ending as well.
And also, I only first saw this movie September of last year and so that's where I got interested in it. And I remember seeing the ending and sorta me feel something and one night after I got the movie on DVD this year, I sorta cried a little because I felt it again. There's also a feeling that this movie is sorta wanting to be the first movie again. And, while I don't know if I can say it truly is because I do think some things like some of the characters are different, I think it is a good try. And it's so interesting how a lot of the people behind this, especially the directors, were really passionate about this and with what they said about it. Watch the making of it.
I really don't know how many other good things to say. This is just an incredible movie in my opinion. I love it, I'm happy I have it on DVD and I can't wait to watch it another thousand times. Again, maybe my first or second favourite straight to video Disney sequel next to the Lion King 2. So yeah, I'm definitely recommending you go see this. It is amazing in my opinion. Thank you all for reading and please comment down below to tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment